Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Praise Dyno Brakes

Just a word of praise (no joke intended) for Praise Dyno Brakes. If anybody is keeping their rear drums this is a great alternative. They are cryo treated and high friction linings. Also larger bore wheel cylinders and master.

They have a complete kit which includes everything down to the brake hoses and bearings for approx $750.

The quality of the parts is 1st class. everything is plated and painted even the metal part of the shoes. i am not easily impressed and I have to say they are nice.

I will report a driving impression in a week or so. That is if I can remember how to put drum brakes back together.

Country Flag: United States
      I understand!

What are you putting them on, Brian?
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Man, I'd have a tough time spending $750 to keep drums, even if its just from an ease-of-maintenance perspective. I hate working on drums!!
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jknight16
      Man, I'd have a tough time spending $750 to keep drums, even if its just from an ease-of-maintenance perspective. I hate working on drums!!
      +1

I kept the stock rear drums with all new hardware, resurfaced drums (well in spec) and porterfield shoes. Seem to work great - so maybe $150 total.

I assume by the description $750 is all 4 corners & all hydraulics (except hardlines). I just quickly priced out all the basics (normal hardware, wc, mc, new drums, bearings & seals, etc.)& quality shoes & SS hoses and came up with $650, so it's in the ballpark if you are sticking with 4W drums.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

If you do the nut and bolt disc swap with emergency brake it is more money. Plus add the better pads and rotors and you are several hundred more. Their rear kit is $155 so I guess it is in line?

I am installing on a 73 Malibu Wagon that is a daily ride so I wanted something simple but reliable. Not going to get into the disc vs drum debate.

I had a Chevelle years ago with just the pads and shoes of theirs and it was pretty impressive for what it was.

Sorry to sound like a sales pitch but there is a difference between cheap stuff and better components. I do not shop rotors or pads by price. No cheapo parts in the kit which I actually expected.

The kit includes

Cryo front slotted rotors
      Their pads
      Bearings and seals
      brake lines
      master cylinder supposed larger volume?
      rear brake hose
      cryo treated drums
      their shoes
      complete rear hardware including adjusters
      larger volume rear wheel cylinders

I am not brake scientist but they claim to have the highest coefficient
      of friction beating Hawk and other performance pads? They do appear to be fairly aggressive compound. They will actually quote numbers of theirs and other pads. These are not $15 organic pads and shoes. I have used quite a few different pads so by next week we will see how she does after break in. I will give honest opinion.

Nobody's starting a debate here, plus, its good to know what all the options are. I was just saying I feel your pain on the drum brake re-assembly.

So you're saying the $750 included the parts to do a front disc and rear drum rebuild? I don't think that came across in your original post.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Got a buddy running the Praise product on the rear of his TA. He's VERY happy with it.

I have a '64 A-body, do they have the larger drums available as an upgrade to the rear?

Yeah, the original post made it sound like it was $750 for just the rear brakes. $750 for basically everything you need for the whole car is an amazing deal. I looked into cryo'd brakes a while back, but I got a good deal on discs, so I just went that route.

Matt

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com