Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

electromotive tec3

Any have and experience with TEC3?

http://electromotive-inc.com/products/tec3.html

Country Flag: United States
      not a fan. My current car came with that system and I couldn't get it off the car fast enough. Slow starting seems to be a common issue, and the tuning and software is clunky. I've tuned FAST, Accel Gen VII, Big Stuff 3, factory GM and Ford computers, they're all light years ahead of that system.

Of course this is only my opinion, and you know what that's worth..........................

Jody

I'll second that. I tuned one for the first time about a month ago. I would not recommend it.

are they the only one that has a direct ignition system w/fi ? I noticed most others that cover non fi motors just have dist, no crank trigger option...

Country Flag: United States
      TEC uses a waste spark system (1 coil fires 2 cylinders); other EFI boxes have the capability will allow you to run coil-near-plug with individual coils.

FAST can run individual coils using their XIM box, Delphi MEFI4 can do it (now sold through MSD), AEM can do it, Autronic can, Haltech can, etc. You can run either individual coil near plug or waste spark setups with any of them depending on how you set them up.

I'm also not a TEC3 fan. I've tuned 1 and wasn't thrilled.
      1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com