Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Any Aussie Members Here?

Hi from the US of A. Looking for some members down under who can help me locate a particular vendor down in Australia. I came across a guy at a car show who has imported a '76 Ford Falcon XB, V8 Intercepter. It was stunning, and I only had time to briefly talk to the owner, but its black and all decked out like a MadMax themed car, complete with a display in the trunk of the knee brace, shotgun, and shells in a belt.

Name:  IMG_9871.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  364.0 KB Name:  IMG_9874.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  529.4 KB Name:  Aussie-00.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  265.0 KB

The guy told me that the hood hinges he installed this past winter in the car were made by a small machine shop in Australia that makes specialty parts for a number of different cars. He also said these hinges were made better than anything sold in the USA and even with shipping they were much cheaper than anything from Ring Brothers or any other custom parts shop here. I failed to get any contact info from him about the shop, was hoping that maybe one of you guys might know of his source. Don't know if I'll run into him again at a show this year. TIA for any leads or suggestions.-Mike
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Country Flag: Australia
      Roger Andrews

68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer

Country Flag: United States
      I sent them an email asking if they're the ones. I think they are, but it looks like they only make hinges for Australian cars?

Edit: Got a quick response and they are in fact the source for those billet hinges I saw on the Falcon. Small family-run business and she told me that while they haven't built any for 1st Gen Camaros or Firebirds they are looking into it.
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Country Flag: Australia
      There are definitely enough 1st gen Camaros here for them to make. There could be more than XA to XC Falcons
      Roger Andrews

68 Camaro Convertible LS1 6 speed
      72 C10 Stepside 350 4L60e - oldskool
      71 K5 Blazer

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com