Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Family getaway to Chicago, any hotel recomendations?

I hate trying to pick a hotel off the net. Anyone have a recomendation for a hotel for myself & wife with 2 kids? I want to take them to Sears Tower, the aquarium, & then Cabelas on the way home to make a purchase.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

I was working downtown yesterday. I passed by a hotel called the W. Beautiful, just beautiful.

The W is pricey but very nice just try to fiind something on Michigan avenue that is advertised as being on the magnificent mile or the mag mile near navy pier. The area is saturated with excellent restaraunts, shows, clubs, museums. If you have never been here before I think you will be extermely surprised. Sorry I don't have a hotel recommendation I live here. If you find a hotel and wonder about the area just post it and we will give you the info on the area. DON"T FORGET TO GET CUBS TICKETS online before you come here even if you and your family are not sports fans Wrigleyville is something you must experience while you are here! That entire area is one of the best parts of the city and is great before during and after games. You will love Chi-town
      Tony L

The W in downtown is killer.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 70 Chevelle
      Wrigleyville is something you must experience while you are here! That entire area is one of the best parts of the city and is great before during and after games. You will love Chi-town
      I can get you parking at the firehouse also if catching a game.

The wife is from that area and she say the Congress is a good place to stay. A little more on the historic side but still good.

On another note: I think they have a WW2 German U-boat there. That would be pretty cool to check out.
      Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Fireeater
      I can get you parking at the firehouse also if catching a game.
      Thanks for the offer, but my wife doesn't care for sports, I don't think the kids will set that long, & personally I think baseball is the most boring sport in the world, next to golf & bowlig.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt
      Thanks for the offer, but my wife doesn't care for sports, I don't think the kids will set that long, & personally I think baseball is the most boring sport in the world, next to golf & bowlig.
      You've obviously never been to a Cubs game at Wrigley!

And for that WWII UBoat - its at the Museum of Science and Industry on the south side of the city.

The Field museum, Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Sky Deck at Sears Tower or the Hancock Building are all must-do's!

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnVUEguy
      You've obviously never been to a Cubs game at Wrigley!
      Nope & don't plan to either. As far as I am concerned, baseball could fall off the planet & I would be fine with it.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt
      I hate trying to pick a hotel off the net. Anyone have a recomendation for a hotel for myself & wife with 2 kids? I want to take them to Sears Tower, the aquarium, & then Cabelas on the way home to make a purchase.

Do you want to stay downtown or in the suburbs. If you want to stay downtown, be prepared to sell your first born.

Quote Originally Posted by cmraman
      Do you want to stay downtown or in the suburbs. If you want to stay downtown, be prepared to sell your first born.
      Yeah I noticed that. I was looking at them last night & they were in the $250+ range. That is nuts. Looking for something around $100-$150. So I guess I am heading to the suburbs. Maybe Hammond, IN next to Cabelas.....
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

I want to go to Cabelas, good luck on the hotel,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68
      I want to go to Cabelas, good luck on the hotel,
      Come on, let's go. I think I am coming home with either a Kimber or Springfield .45
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

do hotels.com or priceline yet?..see if any thing comes up? is there no waiting period for handguns in indiana?
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

No I didn't do the Priceline or hotels.com. Nope, no waiting on handguns in Indiana. Used to be something like 7 days.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Well that was about a worthless trip. For some reason my wife can't be ready to leave before noon. So we left Sunday around noon, get there & I wanted to go to the aquarium first. We get there & some f'ing music festival is going on there close, it costs $30 to park near the aquarium & they want to keep your keys so they can move it if they need, F%$# that. So we go to Navy pier, whipee, not impressed. Take the kids on a boat trip, they like it, sortof, my son was getting sick (sinus, cold, ear infection, something) & was a bear to be with. Then go to Sears tower, then go find a place to stay for the night. Son was throwing a fit the whole time, I was ready to come home. Find a place to stay, & again the next day wife can't be ready before noon. Once we leave she says to just go to Cabelas & then she wants to go to some f'ing outlet mall. The whole reason I wanted to go was to go to the aquarium, I would like that, & I figured the kids would too. So by now I am so p!ssed I don't care what we do. And I do what she wants, & she doesn't even buy a freaking thing at the outlet mall. Done there & drive home.

Scot
      86 Monte SS

Sorry to hear that! I was considering making a trip to the aquarium this past Sun too, glad I didn't. My wife is the same way about getting ready, but with her she won't even get out of the bed before noon, let alone be ready to leave. Then she yells at me for rushing her when I want to leave. One thing about her going to a mall though...she can't leave without buying something, and usually something we have no need for.

Sorry to hear about that, Scot.

I have been a long time fan of the city of Chicago. I love it there. It might have something to do with my pure unadulterated hatred for Detroit and everything it stands for. I am so thankful that Chi-town is only a 4 and 1/2 hour drive down I-94.

Scot...next time leave the wife at home. LOL!!! Seriously, Shedd Aquarium is off the hook. Adler Planetarium is cool. Two museums you must see are the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry. We always stayed at the Days Inn on Lakeshore. Not the greatest hotel in the world but decent enough and affordable. Unfortunately they closed down Capone Story...that was a neat little place to visit, a museum about Al Capone...priceless. LOL!!!

Also....Gino's East can't be beat for pie. The best.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

I agree, leave the wife at home next time. LOL

Actually we "should" have a 2 night stay in Nov/Dec without the kids. Unless we get screwed out of it. Last year Kohl's & Dockers had a deal if you bought X dollars of dockers clothes you got 2 nights in a hotel somewhere. So hopefully then we will hit the aquarium, & COSI & she wants to go to some art museum & some other stuff that I could careless about. But I will go since I get to go to where I want to go.

That is if I can get her up & going before noon. LOL
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Forgot to mention, I did buy something at Cabelas:
      http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/custom/custom_II/
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com