Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

1971 Dodge Demon Street/Touring

In the MOPAR world, I would be considered an outcast. I don't really care about the strip, ETs, or big cubes. I despise restorations and numbers-matching.

Since getting my '71 Demon in February, I have battled to just keep it on the road, let alone make sure it's original, fast, or pretty. Thirty-seven years of use and abuse to the slant six and TF904 have left it a slug with many issues; issues that I've been fixing with my small paychecks while I was in college.

Well, I graduated in June, and finally have a real paycheck coming in. Now, I can finally sit down and focus on my project: a real street machine. Something that can drive eight hours on end with no issues. Something that turns, handles, stops, and drives well. An all-around, balanced muscle car. And that's where all of my purchases and ideas have been heading since I purchased it. So here's what's been done:

The day I bought it:

I started with a non-op speedometer, so I had to replace it. In came the aftermarket:

Autometer Designer Black gauges - Autometer senders - Detroit Electric LEDs

Redline Gaugeworks Dash Panel

Finished product - Back

Finished Product - Front

(blue light is high-beam indicator)

Then my brakes failed....while I was driving it. So a call to Magnumforce Race Car Fabrications took care of that:

Magnumforce tubular UCAs - Magnumforce disc brake spindles - Wilwood HD Brake Kit - Wilwood brake accessories

- Brian

1971 Dodge Demon
      - 5.9L Magnum V8/904
      Modifications: Magnumforce uppers, Wilwood discs, Autometer/Redline Gaugeworks dash

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com