Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Venting a Moser

Country Flag: United States
      -6, -8, or -10 is in the norm. I normally plumb for -10. I do however, believe that -12 would be unnecessary... unless its being used with some pump/cooling systems... but not with builds that you would find here.

The "Seals It" tube seals work great to create a 'dry' tube... and if you were to use a method such as this you would have to move the vent to the center section of the housing, or it will not breathe.

The addition of a smaller K&N filter (or like) would also be a good move.

Had mine in the air tonight and it's still pissing a little. Going to have to figure out something else one of these days. Probably about a foot of hose and K+N attached to the front G BAR brace.
      Todd

Best spot for vent on housing?

Hey John and whoever else, What did you do for venting the rearend? I bought the II Much 100034 and will do the install as suggested, nice piece by the way!

However I have a Moser floater 12 bolt that they unfortunately put the vent hole directly where my upper brackets are going for the ridetech 4-link. My question is where do you think the best place to put the new vent would be? I have a picture of the rearend attached
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Wow... a nine year old thread. That's gotta be a record.

Anyway, I'd move inboard of the bracket, just to make the packaging easier.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Yeah, had to blow some dust off of this one. The search pulled it up and it seemed appropriate.

Thanks John, that was the direction I was leaning to. I just didn't want to put it where there might be some spray or splashing coming from the gears.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Country Flag: Canada
      moderator please remove all of this persons posts......spam ..ban thomaskign
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

I read the whole thread. But the one thing asked was are all rear end housing vented. The answer is yes. For most GM housing they used a small vent that had what I figure was designed as a pop off cap. It let the heat out of the rear end when driving down the road. Usually you will find it in the passenger side of the car and about 1/2 to 3/4 in tall. Normal street usage that is all you need. racing is a totally different animal.

I've had a couple of GM trucks that had a section of hose going from the rear to a bracket on the frame with the vent up there.
      1978 Black Trans Am 455 Edelbrock heads [email protected] through mufflers on pump gas
      1981 Trans Am 400 stock type motor
      79 Camaro getting a 500" 695 hp IA2 Pontiac motor
      1965 GTO project car
      470ci/Chevy dual quad 409 604 HP 64 Impala SS project
      2004 Pulse Red GTO

Name:  IMG_4209.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  17.6 KBName:  IMG_4007.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  22.0 KBName:  IMG_4208.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  19.7 KB
      Here is how I have mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com