Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Installing new quarter panels

I'm in the process of replacing the quarter panels on my car. I was told by some people that the car needs to be supported at the front and the back. It was recently suggested to me that I should have supports in the middle of the car also. I've attached some photos to show how I have my car sitting right now. Will this work while putting new quarters on? Also, there's a photo that shows the set up that was suggested to me. Which is the right way? The other option I have is to put the suspension and rear end in and install them while on the ground. Which is the best route to go??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I only feel like doing this once. Thanks in advance.

Name:  nova on blocks.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  3.1 KB

Last edited by scherp69; 04-06-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: changing title

I have never done it before but am getting ready. I am taking it off the frame chassis and hanging the rear suspension back in place. Then onto the ground so the gaps are set with the car supporting its own weight. I think if you support it differently and install the quarters, set it back down you may get it to settle a little and the gaps will end up being off. Again no expert, but common sense is getting in my way, like usual...

Country Flag: United States
      Guys, You really need the car on chassis when replacing body panels. The best way to support it is exactly how it will be supported when assembled. At the very least support it at all of the body mounting points. I do all of my panel work before the car comes apart. Even floor and trunk pans.

Country Flag: United States
      ditto. even when jacking up my car I have noticed how much things move around.

sit it on all 4 tires first....

Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks guys. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to mock up the suspension and get the front brakes on. It makes sense. This way I can also see how the G-Bar set will look with the Moser M9. Thanks again for the advice.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com