Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

67 Camaro Rear Shocks? QA1,Varishock, Be Cool?

I am ready for my rear shocks to be installed. Just wanted to know what the best route would be for my application. I am using the hotchkis TVS 1 1/2 inch drop leafs and a moser 12 bolt in the rear. I want to use the single adjustable shocks but confused as to what works the best. I am looking at QA1 stocker stars, Be Cool, And Varishocks. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks

I've always heard that the Varishocks are top notch...
      JC Scott

I run QA-1 on my car. They work well for me. One good thing I can say for them is I broke one just before a event. They were very helpful on trying to tell me how to fix mine, They have a shop in NJ that is a QA-1 dealer that was willing to meet me half way from CT to make sure I made my track day. I chose to just buy a new shock and he over night shipped it and I had it just in time. Thanks to him I made the event.

Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Varishocks are way above the others mentioned in terms of quality & performance.
      1969 Chevelle
      Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
      In progress: LS2, 3.0 Whipple, T56 Magnum, torque arm & watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, Mk60 ABS, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.

i like my QA1s. havent worked with the varishocks at all
      Chris Ronson

-1967 Camaro SS
      -1966 LeMans - Project "Last Breath" (breaking ground 2017)

We`ve worked with a LOT of QA1s and ran them for a few years on one of our test cars. They`re usually okay when first installed but they tend to go downhill fast (much like Edelbrock IAS shocks). The adjustments get more random and we`ve sent quite a few back for leaks. Our G5 car had 2 shocks leaking in 13,000 miles. We replaced them with Varishocks when they first came out and they`re still going strong. We`ve had much better luck with them,no bushing failures and very repeatable adjustments. We were impressed enough that we became one of their largest dealers. Mark SC&C
      Mark Savitske
      www.SCandC.com
      610-381-6100
      [email protected]
      Author of:
      How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Gordon Benson (Koni) recently mentioned an alternative:

The rear of a 4th generation Camaro, 8242-1006SP1 (double adjustable for compression and rebound), will bolt on except the lower bolt on the axle is about 14mm in diameter versus the 1/2" one that you have. It is 10mm longer in min and max length as well but I would just check what your ride height is to see if that will be an issue.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com