Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Corbeau Seats in a 69 camaro

I just installed some corbeau cr1 seats with the corbeau sliders and I think that the seats are sitting too high. The corbeau salesman said they are about an inch higher and they offer a service to cut out some seat bottom foam to lower the seat. I was thinking about making my own bracket or changing the supplied bracket to lower the seat but I think I can only get about 3/4 of an inch at best. Has anyone else done anything like this or know of another bracket that mounts the seats lower?

I had to cut 1" out of the riser on the brackets / sliders and it worked out fine.
      Steve Martin
      67 Camaro RS
      66 Chevelle

Country Flag: United States
      I had the same problem wiht mine. The way they capture the rear bolt in the bracket is a pain in the but (if they are the same on the 67) I cut an inch out of mine and I have enought room but with a helmet if I do a track/auto cross day may be tight. I'm planning on bring it down a little more ..... FYI I am 6ft tall

do you have any pictures of the modified brackets you are using?

my interior is out I should be able to get one for you.

heres a pic on the my brackets for a 68 camaro. I'm 6'1" and it still tight.

I have a sparco torino right now, and am trying to find a matching second, but likely ill have to sell it and buy two more for 1200, so Im thinking I might as well just get the TRS's. Anyone know if they are as high quality of a product as sparcos? Plus with my sparcos and brackets i sit way too low, Im 5'8" so thats likely why

Ordered some A4's and brackets, lets hope I don't sit too high

I have some new corbeau's in my 67. When ordering you can get the bottoms shaved 1 inch to fix the heigth problem. I think it was about 30.00 per seat to do that. Mine fit real nice now and are a major improvement over the stock seats.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by saunacrank View Post
      Ordered some A4's and brackets, lets hope I don't sit too high
      How were they? I just did the same.. I did shave the 1" out so fingers crossed.

How are you all modifying the brackets?

Anyone have pics of the modified bracket after you take the inch out of it?

Country Flag: Canada
      Figured I would give an update...

Ended up going with the Corbeau vx2000's, full leather. I didn't shave the base when i purchased them. I installed them in my car and loved the fit, but the seating position was way too high. So, took them to the local upholstery shop, took as much out of the base as I could (3/4 inch) and installed again. Much better, you could still take the inch out of the bracket, but not currently on my list.

I am 6'3", 220lbs, and I love the seats. Great lumbar support. The stitch work is great, look way classier that some of those "rice" style seats you see in muscle cars. One thing I will note is the bracket is one stubborn sone of a b to install the rear two bolts. But once it is in, you're golden.

I have attached some pics. Cheers!

Name:  FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  79.2 KBName:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  448.5 KBName:  FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  126.9 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com