Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Have an idea...sort of...

I want to rip into fixing the shoddy bodywork on my car and I have a general idea but don't know any details. Basically, there is rust coming up from under the primer that was on it and I know I'm probably going to have to grind everything down to bare metal and then treat it, seal it, hi build it, sand, and then prime again. Other than that I dont know much about products for sealing and treating. I figure I could use a rattle can primer/sealer to protect it until I get it painted but I'm just looking for a lead to follow. Any help would be great. I'll try to post some close up pics of what is happening to see what you all think. Thanks!
      ~Jon~

1998 "Sinister Stang"
      Mods: True dual exhaust, UDPs, CAI, H&R SS springs, Tokico HP blue shocks, MM CC plates, Polyurethane isolators, Steeda bumpsteer kit, custom bodywork, A.R. 17x9 Rebels with BFG rubber, drilled and slotted rotors, high performance pads and fluid, SS brake lines.
      Next: Bodywork and paint.

Country Flag: United States
      Usually if rust has bubbled the paint, then it's more than a surface rust.
      Expect to cut out rust and weld in metal.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com