Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

How can I buy a fan from DC Controls?

I am interested in buying one of the taurus fans with integral controller from his site. I have e-mailed a couple of times over the last couple of weeks but no reply. Is this guy really doing business? How or who can I buy one of these taurus fans with a good variable speed controller?

Thanks!

I bought my Taurus fan (three of them) from a salvage yard for $15 each. It is only in the 3.0L equipped Taurus...not the SHO. You will need a couple of small sockets to remove it, and pair of dikes to cut the wiring. You will not need the "black box" that is in the car in the wiring to the fan.
      The controller is all you need besides that. Here is how I installed/cutup my fan for my 68 Camaro:
      http://doukas.us/fan.htm

Here is Brian's contact info that I have.
      I had the best luck calling him after 7pm California time during the week. I never had to call on the weekends.
      He used to build these out of his garage.
      408-379-8951
      1604 Villarita Dr.
      Campbell, CA 95008

If that fails, PM GMACHINZ on this board.

Correct-I only stock NEW OEM fans and I do have the taurus, thunderbird and Mark VIII fans in stock. I've also been working with the later model (2000+) Mustang GT fans also-they have a resistor type variable speed design similar to an older syle GM heater blower motor. It's not true pwm, but it has the ability to provide three different speeds. Not sure it's even worth the effort, but fun to toy with nevertheless.
      Gmachinz Sales and Performance
      "updating the level of performance..."

[email protected]
      *never argue with an idiot-they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!*

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com