Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada

Its on the ground

Woo! haha. Off to the tin man on saturday. Get my tranny tunnel built.

Much lower in person, about 3" ground clearance on the front crossmember.

I decided to add SC&C's upper control arms with the aluminum adjusters. I also did the VariShocks. Installing is a bit different(gotta split the ball joint to get em in) but no biggy. The adjustments are pretty killer.

I copied Dennis' setup(well not part for part but close;) ) so...

Coleman Racing Fabricated Spindles
      Impala rotors/hubs
      Outlaw billet aluminum 4 pot calipers
      straped and braced lower control arms
      Steel/nylon bushings on the lowers
      650lb springs with tall adjuster
      stock sway bar
      heim joint tie rod ends

The rear consists of.....

the stock 8.5 10 bolt
      stud girdle
      373 gears
      My own pieced together lower control arms
      My own built panhard bar mounts(axle side is a speedway kit)
      BAER 12" disk kit

I built it on a budget. Then again, I raised complete hell with the car last summer. It was a blast. I know my car has rust, I don't care, I'm building the car to beat the piss out of it. Paint doesn't lower my track times.
      I will say though... This set-up is pretty low. I'm worried about how practical it will be. I plan on driving it 800km's to a show this summer(plus a summer spot I always go to) so we will see. The softer rates of the springs and varishocks should help me out some.

Heres a few extra pics. I'll post more when I get back.

Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Looks real nice. What tranny are you installing and is that all that is left? Keep the pics comin!

Its the 4l80e and 6.0l combo. Ran strong last year. With 273 gears in the rear end, when hitting 2nd I would get sidways. That was on 255/50/16 rubber/wheels. These wider tires/wheels are much lighter then the old setup and i'll have 373 gears in it.

Once the tunnel is done I have to get the car aligned, put the interior back in, tighten up some odds and ends, loom a couple wires, and get the exhaust done.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square

Looks good with the ZO6 wheels!!
      BRIAN WEST

Country Flag: United States
      Damn.... That looks awesome. I can't wait to see you getting some pics on the road.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Lookin good bro!! Keep the pics coming... Love the Z06 wheels!

Love it, don't need no steenking paint.
      What mods if any to the 6.0? Year of engine etc?

Looks great! I've been thinking about doing a panhard bar on my chevelle also. What type of bracket did you fab up for the frame side? Do you have any pics of it?

Car looks good, keep up the good work! Like the wheels too... Better pic of the rear suspension setup if you get some time?
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Lookin' good, Matt. Enjoy her this summer!

Thanks guys! It really makes a guy happy to hear the responses

I will snap a few rear suspension set-ups for you. I'm just figuring out what all is missing from my garage. I had the Chevelle on the trailer waiting to go to the tin man the next morning. Some *****s got in, stole my old wheels(the zq8's), some tools, and made one hell of a mess!

Thanks again

-Matt
      Matt

Ok here we go. Sorry for the car being a complete mess, its dirty and oily because of random leaks, not holding lines up right, and yea. Wrenching.

You can also see my tranny crossmember that I made. 3x1x.188 wall. Straight shot across with a mounting tab for the tranny mount. This places the engine/tranny where it should be. The BRP kit I used was junk.

Anyways, the panhard bar was a tight fit. The panhard bar can go below center/center/above center so I have some nice adjustability.

axle side.

frame side.

frame side mount.

gas tank clearance. Its a little decieving. Its tighter then it looks. probably 3/4 of an inch.

front suspension.

air intake. last year it was sucking heat off the rad lol.
      Matt

i like the racks on the wall,the cars sweet also
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22724

65ss chevelle
      95 lt1 LE2 heads gm847 cam, 1.6 gold sereis roller rockers,52mm tb,37lb racetronix injectors. hooker headers

63ss nova
      350:cam headers,roller rockers.pete jackson gear drive,
      th350 shift kit 3,500 stall
      3:73

**Drive it like you stole it!!

Nice looking panhard bar setup!! Once you get some seat time, let us know what kind of difference it makes!

I Love It, Keepin It Simple, Is Your 6.0 Stock, What Kind Of Fuel Mileage Are You Getting?

Quote Originally Posted by lt1chevelle
      i like the racks on the wall,the cars sweet also
      Thanks, those are my dads. He has a record Rocky Mountain Great Horned Ram, along with some deer racks aswell. But I'm not very current with all the hunting stuff haha.

Thanks for the comments on the panhard bar setup. It turned out pretty decent I think aswell. I will let everyone know how it works when it hits the road!

The 6.0l is stock aside from a mail order tune, no emissions, Hooker Super Comp LT headers for a 2002 Camaro. 4" intake. and dual 3" exhaust with no crossover. Gas milage was high 20's, low 30's a gallon cruising at 125-130km/h Then again I had 273 gears in it haha.
      Matt

Perfect, thanks Matt. I was wondering about fitting a panhard with a stock tank... I have some ideas from your pics. Thanks again!!
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Thanks Matt, Is the mail order tune you got just to turn off stuff like the vats and egr? Sounds like the power is more that enough. I will install an LQ eng in my Corvette this off season. Wondering if I should swap the cam or anything. I have a feeling that it will be fine as is. It looks like you are using the stock truck intake as well. It seems to be just fine except it's kinda tall for my '65.
      Is the big swap meet in Red Deer this weekend? I'm From Calgary and never missed one for many years til I moved. We probably rubbed shoulders at one time or another.
      Frank.

Hey Frank, I'm not too terribly sure when the swap meet is. I always seem to find out last minute haha. I have a buddy that is costantly selling LS1/6 intakes for pretty reasonbable due to Calgarys wealth lol. All their trucks/vetts/suvs get the fast line of intake, or sheet metals.

If you want I can see if he has one for you.

The engine does have plenty of power but while its out, I'd put the coin out for a cam, springs, and pushrods. It will wake the motor up tons. The mail order tune is pretty basic by the sounds of it. Yes to clear the codes and get rid of the emissions that were once tuned in the program. The truck intake works better then the LS1 but doesn't have quite as much top end of the LS6. I can stand the look of it but some HATE it.

One more thing in my cluster of a post(I gotta get ready soon haha). If your car isn't going to see much highway time, or atleast have a 6 speed. I'd run 410's. The car would be a monster.
      Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com