Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Calling all FORD GUYS Need some help..

I have a 65 Fastback Mustang that originally was a 6 cylinder car. It is well on its way to being a shelby clone car and I have received it and plan on making it a restomod...I know there are alot of Ford guys on this board so I need to tap into your years of knowledge to help me answer some questions I have about what the heck some of this stuff is... In the first picture there is a small brace under the tower to firewall brace. Is this brace suppose to be there and if so why is it just hanging underneath? Here is the pic..

What kind of frame mounts are these for? Will they work for any small block ford ie 302??

This is the last one. I have discs in the front and drums in the rear. It is NON POWER so why is there a adjustable prop valve going to the rear?

Sorry but like I have said before I am a CHEVY guy so I am trying to get as much info as I can to save me from doing anything stupid to this build..THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

the first pic.. that looks like the stock brace. That other one looks aftermarket.
      second. not sure
      third. I always use a prop. valve to balance the brake system.
      1973 C10,400sbc, Baer Brakes, 4 link,TOYO tires
      2010 Charger RT

Country Flag: Norway
      Quote Originally Posted by toofun
      In the first picture there is a small brace under the tower to firewall brace. Is this brace suppose to be there and if so why is it just hanging underneath?
      That is a stock export brace mount. They were like that on '65-'66 Mustangs.

What kind of frame mounts are these for? Will they work for any small block ford ie 302??

The rubber and engine side of the motor mount is missing. No big-blocks were ever offered in the '65-'66 Mustangs, and all SBF engines share the same mount. So your 302 will fit. But if you need new motor mounts, have a look at these polyurethane motor mounts from TCP.

This is the last one. I have discs in the front and drums in the rear. It is NON POWER so why is there a adjustable prop valve going to the rear?
      That one looks aftermarket...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com