Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 LastLast
    Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2412
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mc Mahon View Post
      Clearly some interest here Ron, how about a shop tour?
      I'd love to see a video tour!

It looks like it's well insulated. Is it heated and cooled Ron?
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

As soon as I finish moving stuff I will post a little shop tour. I so love the signs etc., unfortunately this is a working garage. Knowing this place will be worked, I'm trying to stay with inexpensive repop stuff.

The foundation in this building is poured concrete, the wall forms had a brick pattern. I sprayed the walls with Rustoleum rusty metal primer, dusted on some beige latex, and sponged it off leaving the old brick look on the walls. I cleared it with some sealer when I was done, really amazing look for $150.

Ron Schwarz

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Finally on the back side of my garage build, car has a new home. It has been so long since I worked on a car, I wonder if I still have it. Another couple days putting the shop together and I'll be back at it. Stay tuned.

Ok, I am way late on this thread/project. Saw a picture of the car on pinterest and went from there.

Great car and beautiful garage Ron. Very impressive. Looking forward to reading this thread and watching more videos of the car in action. Do you still race it?

Really impressed with your design, engineering, & fabrication skill Ron. You've sure had some adventures with this beauty.

FWIW, though I am a purist in most things, I totally get why you went with the LS7. Love the fact you are tracking it, and of course heat sink is a real issue so you are better off with naturally aspirated.

Must say I like the original bumper (Shelby GT350-style). And I'm curious why you didn't go with Lexan quarter windows and back window, more like a Shelby racer, to save weight etc.?

Fantastic car, would like to see it "live" one day.

dang that's awesome! Can't wait to see you back at the projects.

Robert

Sweet
      show us the tools you built , we like them too!
      the car looks good in there
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Country Flag: Canada
      I just finished reading the entire thread. It’s awesome that the function dictated the form. Do you still run the homemade mufflers in the car? And did you ever run the 1/4 mile again?

Homemade mufflers are still in the car, along with the wiring job we did in the Tractor Supply parking lot. All the engine management was done right (soldered and heat shrunk) But in my rush to make it to David Sloan's event back in I think 2007, the lighting wiring was done in a parking lot in Georgia and remains the same today. That is on my list to correct though. Ran it at the drag strip several times.

David I will post a little shop tour as soon as I'm finished moving everything in.....good to here from you buddy.

Ron Schwarz

Almost hate to move any projects in

Ron Schwarz

Built this engine 20 years ago, fired it, and let it sit. Tragic......still turns free, tonight's project.....Hemi smoke.

Ron Schwarz

Forgot those wheels ended up on that thing. Garage is kickass! Oh yah, get my Dodge inside now!

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy468 View Post
      Forgot those wheels ended up on that thing. Garage is kickass! Oh yah, get my Dodge inside now!
      Your Dodge? Wheels are off your Dads truck. Garage is heaven

Ron Schwarz

daMN thats awesome garage

The blue post with the hose reel on it is a bearing point?

I know just about everyone is drooling over your shop, me included! How many square feet? I've gotta say.........NICE!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

The building is 2500 sq ft, I tried to think of everything while building it. The blue pole supports a 16" I beam that runs from the wall out 25.5' allowing me to pick a whole truck. I recessed it into the ceiling so it didn't hang down. The I beam has two trollies which will pick up a ton a piece. Funny the pole was originally going to be the corner of the paint booth, but in the end I just can't do body work in this building. I will have to keep body and paint in the old building.

Ron Schwarz

I am sorry if this is in the thread somewhere ( I didn't see it). I am starting a build with a C6 ZO6 front sub-frame, complete. Where did you get the measurements for the mount heights and the upper A-arm mount positions? Is the sub-frame mounted level and did you make any changes from stock to the upper position in order to gain/lose camber under wheel travel?
      Also are the sub-frame mounts square and can be used as reliable reference points? Currently I have the car, the rear-end (9inch floater) a full rack of tubing and the corvette stuff somewhere in transit.
      As a side note, until recently I thought that Ron Sutton and Ron S were the same person.
      When a little progress starts to take place I will start a build thread here. I am picture crazy, SOOOO I have that going for me!
      This is a little build that took me a few months a few years ago on locostusa.com
      http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7995
      http://locostusa.com/forums/download/file.php?id=14228

To be honest, it has been so long since I built that chassis I can't find, nor can I remember where I found The C5 blueprints. It may have been in a body shop crash book, but truly can't recall. Ron Sutton is currently helping me on my AMX https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...tal-full-frame. He is an excellent resource on suspension geometry, for a very reasonable fee he can design you a suspension layout based on your project needs. A little more aggressive camber gain and ackerman can really help the suspension strategy.

Good luck with the project.

Ron

Ron Schwarz

What an epic read, I've spent the last couple of days skimming through it, I had a good laugh when I came across the War and Peace comment, knowing I had about 70 pages to go... as for the frustrations, I've got to the point when I'm having a bad day, I'll just sort of look up and go "I get it, I'm not supposed to do this today" and close the shop and have a beer... This stuff we do for fun. Onward to a million views.

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe

Just finished this epic novel (War And Peace)! Now I too can proclaim; "read it from the beginning"! Starting "American Motors: The Xperiment" next. Should be a real page turner like this one!

Ron, like so many others have said, you have amazing skills. Great looking car you have there sir! Thanks for taking us all along for the ride.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com