Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 109 ... LastLast
      WOW incredible build!! I am a chevy guy but always love the mustangs. Shhhhh...... don't tell anyone i just said that . I had a few questions though and sorry if you explained them earlier. Did you have to modify to track width to use the c5 cradle? Also did the custom frame came with the car? I still can't believe for 5k you will have a sick a$$ car. That is awesome. Keep up the great work!!

Josh

Country Flag: United States
      The bender is a JD squared model 4,it seems to bend great,I just liked the degree wheel over the competitor benders.I built the chassis on the car and the track width is about a foot wider then the Mustang LOL.I'm making the mustang fit the track rather then the track fit the Mustang.Ron

Kind of made me a little sick to my stomach to cut on new fenders but at $108 a peice,it makes Camaro parts seem expensive LOL.The body sets so low on the chassis I don't think a flat hood will fit over the LS1 intake.That is the first time I've seen hood clearance issues with a LS1 engine.My original fears have come true,tires are so deep into fenders,I'm not going to have much room to transition flares,its a good thing this is a piece of crap.LOL .Ron http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/

Sweet

Here's what short track racers did in the 70's to get more front tire clearance I know I have seen it on a Mustang around the same year as yours but I couldn't find a pic off hand. I don't know how it would look on your car but thought I would bring it up.

71 Torino HT
      351w
      Aod Trans
      Project Updates https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37854

Started hacking on some flares,trying to keep from having that fiberglass flat flare look,glass would be alot easier though.What do you think,too big?Ron

looking good!
      Colin Russ

part of me says to just leave the cut opening. looks mean.
      so far, the flares and clearance hump on the wheelwells jsut look wrong to me. miche be a little better when i see them done, though.

but its your car, and your taste. do as you see fit.

Michael
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Getting ready to sign up for RTTH, and the last year has been crazy,haven't had the time to work steady on anything.I have a Camaro which is real close to color,and should be nice ride,and I have this Mustang which is lets face it kind of nasty.They both will require about the same amount of time to get together,and neither one will have any test time on them so it will break.What do you think bust ass on the Camaro,or the Mustang?Ron

bust ass on the mustang...a 5k budget mustang with and lsx is way too sick...
      Colin Russ

Ron, any way you can set me up with a LS motor for $300. I am also doing a build similar to yours on a 71 chevelle. I have documented everything but not on this site yet as I am new here. Can you point me in the right direction. Thanx

The funny part is, the 6.0 in my Camaro was only $800 and I sold the intake off it for $275.The deals are out there,it helps to know alot of recyclers.Ron

I vote mustang(bust asssss)
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Country Flag: Australia
      that front end treatment is off the charts, great to see such an all out build on such a tight budget.
      Just shows what can be done with a bit of time and imagination.

BTW: We're similar in a way, I have a Dart with an injected LA-408 that runs a GM computer and harness. Kinda like the baby version of what you did on your cuda.

Keep going on the mustang, I like how its coming along. I wish I would have went this rote with my Torino but I have to much done to go back and start over oh well maybe the next rust bucket I drag home.
      71 Torino HT
      351w
      Aod Trans
      Project Updates https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37854

Honestly one of the best projects that I've ever seen. It's brilliant!

I vote that you get the mustang finished! The Camaro will just get lost in the parking lot! ...lol Seriously, If it is about the same amount of work on each car I would invest the time in the mustang. It makes a much larger statement and there are so many budget builders like myself waiting to see it finished. Do it for us!

The Mustang.....got more pics of how you did the flares?

The Mustang.... Looks like an landslide.....

This project is one of Pro-Touring.com's top builds.
      It hos gotten some great responses.
      ~Chris
      1973 Mustang SportsRoof
      1985 Camaro Z28 Totaled, 1985 Camaro Berlinetta SOLD, 1989 Camaro RS SOLD, 1985 Corvette SOLD, 1969 Camaro Pro-Street SOLD, 1955 Chevy PU 1st Series SOLD

I can't find a flare that I really like,here is ine off of an 08 Mustang,I better make up my mind if I'm going to make it to RTTH.Ron

I think the 08 flares look sweet! I cant wait to see what numbers it throws down!
      Colin Russ

Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com