Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bobbaganoosh
      Those wheels are made by speedline, they still show them on thier website so I'd assume they are still available.
      Thats really good to know,thanks.Just ordered the rear springs and weight jacks from race proven parts,the springs were $6.50 ea. and the weight jacks were $18.00,right in my budget,you just can't beat Ebay.Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 57hemicuda
      The budget has not even let me think about paint,it may end up sporting the 70's race car stripes that are on it now
      well since its a budjet build go with a budget paint job, there was a thread on here a while ago about it, but here is the link to the actual thread, how to paint a car for 50 bucks

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...0&fpart=1&vc=1
      Colin Russ

Now that I have the tires and wheels mounted I can measure and narrow the rear.Using a Dana 60 out of an old bread truck,because of its 4.10's and power lock{and I got it for $75}.The rear ended up being so wide because of the C5 front suspension,that my narrowing jig would barely reach.The cuts off the rear were right at the original welds on the truck housing.The rear ended up at 63" face to face,about the same width as a full size pickup rear {big}.Ron

nice thinking, when i worked for ford "not a ford man although" i was a car salesman, hey cash was good i was young and making decent money. but i wanted to do almost the same project 4.6 s/c and make a pro-touring g machine out of it. but i quit a few weeks after planning it, found a car and had the hookup on parts.

and just saying if i were you and wanted to invest in forced induction, and well stay ford, honestly i would try to find a totaled 04 svt i had found one for 4500 or just a engine out of one with everything on it. you can find one for the same price your looking at for just a supercharger. sell your engine and tranny....pay the boot and come out cheaper than putting the blower on your 4.6. by the time you got finished with your engine/trans and supercharger and getting it installed your looking at 6k not counting labor.
      85 grand national-t66, supporting mods
      99 xtreme s10-daily slammed on flat black 20s, tons of body mods
      02 337 editon gti "1 of 1500"-audi tt drive train factory, recaros, bbs, votex body package"270hp 310 ft lb"
      79 trans am- pro touring/track/dd project

Moser axles came in today,accumulating the rear suspension,off Ebay,$6.50 each for the springs,{cracks me up}Shocks came off an 08 Silverado,with 100 miles on it,{got a lift kit}.Loving these budget parts.Ron

[quote=BlindSideCustoms]
      and just saying if i were you and wanted to invest in forced induction, and well stay ford, honestly i would try to find a totaled 04 svt i had found one for 4500 or just a engine out of one with everything on it. quote]

NEVER EVER seen a 03/04 Cobra that cheap (totaled or not), just the engines regularly bring $8 -$9K.
      1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
      1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
      2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
      1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
      1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

Either way its out of my budget,7,500 is the cheapest I've seen the engine and trans go off at.The supercharged cars make good horsepower,but its sure not cheap horsepower.Ron

Quote Originally Posted by bobbaganoosh
      Those wheels are made by speedline, they still show them on thier website so I'd assume they are still available.

Any body got a link to the wheels. cant seem to find them.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Here is the wheel site http://www.speedlinecorse.co.uk/

Whats the deal with the Model A in the back ground????
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

Keep the money saving tips coming, I'm taking notes.

Chris
      ~Chris
      1973 Mustang SportsRoof
      1985 Camaro Z28 Totaled, 1985 Camaro Berlinetta SOLD, 1989 Camaro RS SOLD, 1985 Corvette SOLD, 1969 Camaro Pro-Street SOLD, 1955 Chevy PU 1st Series SOLD

Good luck on the build, like to see more of it. I agree on the budget though, 5K doesn't go far. You doing "EVERYTHING" will help a lot. I'm doing everything except the roll cage and engine machine work.

I'm shooting for under 10, and I had a lot of parts already. My projection is around $7500 at present, and that's running a bunch of used parts and nothing high tech, my only upgrade now is some GW parts, fuel cell and Kirky seat. By the time I buy gauges, add fire supression and fill in the misc stuff I forgot, 10 will be here quickly.

Here is the wheel site http://www.speedlinecorse.co.uk/
      Thanks!
      Is there a dealer local?
      And what kind of price are we talking?

Thanks for your help!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by Restomod
      Whats the deal with the Model A in the back ground????
      I CAN NOT BELEIVE YOU EVEN KNEW WHAT THAT WAS!!I didn't think think anyone on this board would recognize what that was.Its a model A sedan body i'm doing some metal work on for my father.Tried to talk him into chopping it and putting a Hemi in it.But he'll have no part of it,just have to finish tigging in some patches so he can take it home.Ron

Quote Originally Posted by David Sloan
      Thanks!
      Is there a dealer local?
      And what kind of price are we talking?

Thanks for your help!
      I don't kow about local dealers.I got mine off Ebay for $900,the guy had 10 sets left at that time,search c5 wheels.That was the only size an offset that he had,I've got say they are a work of art though.Ron

Read my sig. I just sold one and I have had a couple others.
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

Its Finally A Roller,setting Body On Tomorrow

My buddy troy stopped over and took some pics before the nasty body meets the pretty frame http://troyboy468.smugmug.com/gallery/4282927#P-1-12

My buddy troy stopped over and took some pics before the nasty body meets the pretty frame http://troyboy468.smugmug.com/gallery/4282927#P-1-12

hope your good at body work!!! lol jk looks great though!
      Colin Russ

Holy rusted metal batman. Is that made of space age weight saving material. Just kidding but I see why you went with a new chassis setup instead of fixing what you have. It looking good up to this point, I can't wait to see what happens next.
      Current project: 63 Chevy II 6.0l vortech supercharged on air ride She is finally back from paint prison!!!

Next project: 67 Mustang Fastback with splash of gt500

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com