Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Big guys unite!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      1. Start slow. Too many people try to keep up with those of elevated abilities and it does get disaapointing. It is also hard, depending on what you do, to maybe see the needle not move. Don't judge results just by weight, but by size measurements as well. I ca take a 5% body fat cut and only drop 1 pound. It all about about muscle vs.fat. Total weight can often be deceiving.
      2. Portion control. It's not just how much you eat, but when. Breakfast should be your largest meal of the day and work down from there. I also use the grazing technique. I eat little bits all day long, every 1.5-2 hours. It helps promote good consistent metabolism.
      3. Muscle burns fat. Everybody who wants to drop weights just does cardio. But Muscle burns fat all day long and even whiole you sleep. Building up muscle through trying various exercises like weight training, heavy effort running like sprints, etc will all help build muscle, helping burn fat. This also attributes back to #1.
      4. Variety. Change it up. Your body will soon adapt to this new fitness trend and it will no longer be as effective as when you started. Change up your workout regularly (every 2-3 months). It also helps ensure you don't bored. Also, don't do the same reoutine every time you go to the gym. The big guys, they don't exercise the same muscle group but every 3rd ot 4th time they hit the gym, maybe more. Muscles need time to heal, so amke a workout plan that allows for variety day to day, then change that plan every few months.

It sounds like your daughter loves you and wants you to be around for a while. Heck, you're a grandpa. Give them all the time you can.

And don't worry about meeting their goals, just set and meet your own.
      I agree fully!! I went to the doctor the other say, and she looks at me and say you are at your weights upper limit for your body mass!! I just kind of looked at her like huh?? I am in the best shape of my life and this is mostly muscle weight!! How is that possible
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Bringing this thread up from the dead.

In 2009 I moved to Memphis and was at about 275. During my time there I managed to put on enough weight that my digital scale was reading OL, which I took to mean "over limit." My GF and I started cutting back on carbs and we had immediate good results. Within a year I was down to 290, which meant at least a 25 pound loss.

I am now living in Oshkosh and I recently read the book "The Art and Science of Low carb Living"

Now everyone knows or has heard about the Adkins diet. Dr. Adkins first published his book in 1972 and from the start he was labeled a quack and a heretic. Well, in the last 30 years there has been a tremendous amount of research done regarding the role of carbohydrates in the human body, and the science is pretty clear. Based on genetics some people can tolerate carbohydrates, while for others they are like a poison.

I am in my second week of strictly limiting my carb intake and I am down to 280. The book is filled with science and is an excellent read for the intellectually curious. However, if you want to watch some interesting videos, just look up Dr. Phinney or Dr. Volek on youtube.

Here is an excellent lecture by Dr. Phinney.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Atkins worked, but rebounded horribly on me..dropped 25lbs in 3 months, but then gained 33 in 2 months. The diet was so boring/bland. Now I just eat what I want, as long as I exercise daily to keep from getting extra fluffy.
      Justin Novick
      Sales/Support
      Entropy Radiator / Engineered Cooling Products
      "The Sexiest Radiators For The Sexiest Hot Rods"

www.EntropyRad.com www.SpeedCooling.com

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@EntropyRad View Post
      Atkins worked, but rebounded horribly on me..dropped 25lbs in 3 months, but then gained 33 in 2 months. The diet was so boring/bland. Now I just eat what I want, as long as I exercise daily to keep from getting extra fluffy.
      You gained the weight because you reintroduced carbs into your diet. Did you watch the video?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      You gained the weight because you reintroduced carbs into your diet. Did you watch the video?

Andrew
      Its simple put more in and less out you get fat?
      Lyndsay

Go Hard or Go Home

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com