Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Newbie with '67/68 Mustangs

I've got 3 of them.
      The wife's
      1968 Coupe 289/C4/PS/AC pretty much full factory including 4 wheel drums (woohoo)
      Mine
      1967 Coupe (no motor/trans/options)
      I plan on putting 4wheel disks, efi/turbo motor 4spd or Auto (undecided).
      1968 Coupe (no motor/trans/front end)
      The body from the firewall back is 'decent' except the rust spots in the floor pans. I figure this one should be my new toy. I'm thinking scrap the rest of the floor and put it on a frame. I've got neighbor who is a very competent welder, that is willing to work with me on the chassis/roll cage/sheet metal. He currently works on roundy-round cars (street stock and super stock) and there are certain elements of those cars that just rock, 5 on 5 bolt pattern bassets wide 15" tires, exposed fasteners, industial look. But there is no way I'd like to spend any extended time period in those rattly interiors.

I'll be quiet for a while now that I've joined. I gotta get familiar with that 'search' feature.

take care,
      -ron

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Ron. Got pics of the cars?

Welcome aboard, Ron.

Thanks for the welcomes guys,
      I'll post pics but it will have to wait until I get home as work has decided my webserver is 'personal web storage' and blocked from here.

Today I was doing some reading about anti-dive and ackerman angles and read the sticky in the suspension forum area that recommended reading a few books but I could not find the sticky that contained the book titles/ISBN numbers. A while back I picked up (From Barnes & Noble) the So-Cal Chassis book but it's pretty worthless for most things with IFS. Can anybody provide me with some names/ISBN to start with?

I'm not a total newb about suspensions but then again I've never contemplated building one from scratch so I figure with some reading and some sort of suspension design program I should be in business.

again, Thanks
      -ron

You should definetly go turbo, you won't ever go back! I think you would like a 5 speed manual too.
      70 Cougar
      Aces Kill shot efi
      Turbocharged 5.0 430hp 488tq
      Tremec 3550
      13" Cobra brakes
      Unisteer Manual rack

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com