Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Aeroquip A/C hose and fittings (from old board)

VenturaII
      (9/14/03 1:23 pm)
      Reply Aeroquip A/C hose and fittings
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Anyone used the aeroquip fittings and steel braided covered hose now offered by vintage air? Opinions?

Frank69
      (9/14/03 11:05 pm)
      Reply Re: Aeroquip A/C hose and fittings
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Yep, I am using them in my 69 Camaro. They look good and all....but I have had some problems with the fittings coming loose, and I have had to recharge the system 3 times. I also had to replace one o-ring, I guess it was weak from the beginning (or I possibly put a crimp in it when tightening it the first time). The lines to the front of the car end up being very heavy, so you need to support them well. My advice, (pretty basic I guess) buy a foot or so longer than you think you need, that way you won't be caught short. I think I would have routed them differently if I had ordered a longer length of hose. Oh well.....you can see them at my picture post http://home.earthlink.net/~fth001/ You can see them in a shot of the engine compartment on page 4.

Frank

Edited by: Frank69 at: 9/14/03 11:08 pm

VenturaII
      (9/16/03 4:38 pm)
      When you say, "coming loose", does that mean at the threaded part or between the hose and fitting? Did you buy them from Vintage air?

Frank69
      (9/16/03 10:42 pm)
      Yep, bought them from VA. Where it comes loose is at the threaded couplings, where they connect at the a/c compressor, at the drier, and at the unit itself. I have learned to just go through and tighten the fittings every few hundred miles or so, just to be sure. Maybe it is because my suspension is so stiff that everything rattles loose.

Frank

margodan
      (1/25/04 8:03 pm)
      Reply ac lines
      I had too replace some lines on my truck.I went too a hydraulic supplier that makes hoses and they made new lines for my truck that looked just like factory.THey where crimped and where leak free.Also the hose they used is specificly for ac use.Just thought give my two cents.

Country Flag: United States
      And on a related note:

NewYorkTinter
      (7/24/04 2:30 pm)
      Reply Compressor hard lines
      I have a prob im running an LT1 EFI in my 69 camaro and im using the factory compressor i need the hard fitting that goes to the compressor i am running the Vintage Air Gen 2 setup the motor is a 93 LT1 and i have the corvette accessories so the compressor is on the drivers side any help would be great Oh and buy the way the dealer isn't any help anything more than 10years is not in their Data system go fig

o1mrquick
      (7/24/04 11:08 pm)
      Reply comp lines
      You could try a Corvette salvage yard and bring the hard lines to a hydraulic hose shop to have the rubber lines made up for your custom application.They have the proper tools to do it and usually don't charge much. C-yaa Vince

paul67
      Unregistered User
      (7/29/04 5:24 pm)
      Reply a/c hard lines
      Make sure when you take the hard lines to be made up they do NOT use the hydraulic crimper's as they are to fierce they must use crimper's for A/C only

paul67

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com