Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Whew, 1500 miles in two days and the Camaro is in the shop!

Got home at 3am Satuday night (Sunday morning) and whew what a trip!
      Loaded up and heading out on Friday at 6pm. We were hauling my Blazer up to PA to store at my grandfather's place, then heading out Sunday morning to grab the Camaro and head home. We got in to PA at 4am.

Here is my DadStar navigation system.

Got a little sleepy on the way. I found out one thing. Monster Energy drink sucks. But Amp'd is good!

And one thing I miss about living up North - Tastycake Pies!

Finally at the cabin!

And my Blazer's garage partner, my grandfather's 1942 Packard Clipper he's been working on.

And my Blazer finally gets a home indoors after 12 years of owning it.

The next morning we woke up and headed into Long Island to pick up the Camaro!

We finally get there and start loading up!

And here's is me and Barry (aussiebj on the board), great guy to deal with!

We loaded up and headed back home! There are only a few more pictures for a few reasons. First is we got out of place on Long Island due to a lot of 7'6" overpasses and confusion. We ended up going through the bad part of Brooklyn with the truck and trailer, that was an experience I did not want to relive! :shock: But finally out of there we got on the Verazzano bridge.

And, of course, after the bridge we got pulled over by Homeland Security. They were asking us all kinds of questions until I told them what I was doing with the car, then they were very cool with me and let me head on our way! But all things considered, I was very happy to see this small sign.

And of course, my dad thought it was funny at my anger at NY.

At this point there are no more pictures. After all this, we got off the Delaware Memorial Bridge and one of my 10k straps snapped and we almost lost the car. After hooking it back up on the shoulder of I-95 in bad traffic, and then having to worry about my straps for 6 more hours, we stopped taking pictures and just hurried home on Amp'd and Arby's.

We got in last night at 3am and unloaded the truck, then I crashed.

Today we went about the task of unloading the car. Kelly and her sister (Shawn's wife) helped me out.

And here is the car in its new home, for now at least!

So this week the fun begins. Right now I think I'll go to sleep. :lol

Country Flag: United States
      thats a trip to remember..lol..glad to see the car hs been bought and the fun stuff can begin..good luck !!
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

glad you guys made it ok.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Quite an adventure you had there. Good thing everything worked out and you got home safely.
      Chris Smock aka Blazed67
      1967 Firebird Convertible- Tough Luck- never ending
      2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T- the new DD
      2006 Suzuki SV1000R- greatly missed

Can't wait to get started on it. I gotta reorganize the garage tonight so I know what I've got and what I need.

So far I know I need:
      2" drop rear leafs
      Rear axle
      Radiator support
      Bumpers
      Wheels
      Shocks
      Tubular front suspension parts

And all the other fun upgrades that I can get my hands on.

Did you hit that bad dip on I-95 a few miles after you merge coming from the Delaware bridge? There is like a 6" drop off on one of the little bridges, I broke a strap there.

I may have, I hit a lot of bumps on I-95.

But in all honesty I think someone cut it. I found three of my straps with clean cuts in them, and I check all my straps before I haul anything. Two of them were wrapped around smooth tubing, no way they could have gotten cut other wise. Either some asshat did it when we were stuck in traffic on the streets of Brooklyn or I pissed someone off on the highway and they knicked them at a rest stop after I got out of NY.

Sounds like maybe you got back to your car before someone could get it off the trailer!!! Homeland security HMMMMM lots of camaro bombs out there that ive not heard about?

Well good luck and glad to see you made it safe and sound.
      Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!

What the hell would they do with it, push it down I-95?

I'm glad they were cool with me after I told them what I was doing with the car. Right before I pulled out the guy was like "wait, do you have working lights on that trailer?" and I told him yep and he just said "cool, good luck with the car and have a good day!"

My trailer lights were never hooked up from the time I left Raleigh on Friday.

I think in Brooklyn they coulda got if off the trailer while you were sitting in traffic!!
      Justin, 68 Camaro Update:5 speed is in and neighbors are pissed!

You are probably right.

Funny thing was some guy was asking me about the car at a gas station on the way home. I told him it was a complete car when I left, but I got stuck in Brooklyn and this is what the car looked like when I finally got out of there. He actually believed me for a second.

What a great trip and a new chapter of life opens up. (the camaro) Good for you. Rock On! and we will look for updates.
      mike

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com