Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Renderings

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN
      Not really sure why you thought it had anything to do with you? Actually you are one of the few that offers a written contract so that is to your credit.
      I appreciate that. However, please see your initial comment about "full-time" artist/designers....you are perhaps inadvertently discrediting work done by part-timers. The overwhelming percentage of the artists/designers (and builders for that matter) started their businesses as a side job. They made it to full-time status because the quality of their work was extraordinary enough to get more and more opportunities. Without opportunities (even freebies) that elevation to full-time status isn't possible. This was the main point I was trying to make.

I would have completely stayed out of this if it weren't for that assertion. The rest is between you and the other designer, I cannot comment further on those details. And I'm certainly not accusing you of not paying your bills. Frankly, it's none of my business, literally.

$1200 for a rendering???? What would you expect? Photo shopped wheels?
      There is a specific use for that. If every client wanted an artist/designer to draw and render every single set of wheels they wanted to "try out", ( I've done up to 25 sets for some clients) few would see the value in spending such a high price on a rendering because the level of details I want in a wheel takes quite a long time. This saves me time sometimes and therefore, the client money when the object of doing a rendering is usually to see what works before spending serious money. When they want a portrait or know exactly the wheels they want for their project, that's a different story.

By the way I have mentioned quite a few artists besides Thom such as Brian at Problem Child and actually YOU in a couple of threads. I also explained I was interested in doing a project with you but the Woodie just wasn't it. I trully think all artists have a certain style and the person should pick based on what they are looking for not because they are a known artist on this board.
      Thanks and also an excellent point.

Just as everybody on here has a favorite I guess so do I, is that a bad thing? Don't just stick up for someone when you yourself have never done business with them.
      No, you are quite right and I have obviously not directly done business with him, but we share many of the same clients and they have nothing but positive feedback about their experience with him.

I stand on my original statement which is pick an artist to draw you a pretty picture and pic a designer when you want innovation.
      Never contested this for a second.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

We need to make some phone calls now after we finish looking at galleries of work.

Thanks again!
      John
      John Buscema

i know this is a little old... but Carter Hickman, you might want to check your webpage.

In your "About CHD" page the pictures are links for another website, you can't "read more" of the little descriptions, and in "The Process" section most of it is in some foreign language like Latin or something...

Just thought you'd like to know.
      Aaron N.
      1970 Chevy Chevelle - sitting, waiting patiently for me to work on her
      1977 Chevy Corvette L-82 - 383 stroker ​FOR SALE
      2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited - modded daily driver

Just trying to make my point (about part-time artwork/designers) and offer you credit where credit is due. I think you may be overreacting to this a little. I quoted and responded to what you had posted and didn't know you edited after, sorry.

I doubt that is the message most people will get from my responses though it seems you're insinuating that.

PM sent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com