Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

2nd f-body wheel fitment

Any of you guys have trouble or have 295's on your cars with out mini tub? Also what offset worked the best.

Dave..
      76 Camaro "The on Going Project" , 408sb, BW Super T-10, 3.55 9" rear, Working on the suspension..

Country Flag: United States
      Be carefull with using answers to a question as gereral as that concerning wheel fitment on 2nd gens. Firebirds and Camaros are different and there's differences in certain groups of model years.

As an example I run 315's on 11" with 6 3/4" backspace on my 70 Firebird with no body mods at all. I doubt they'd fit your car without hitting somewhere. Probably on the fender lip and the bulge for the retractable rear seat belts.I measured over and over for 2 years before I got the courage to order the custom wheels since they can't be returned. Make sure you have the rear you're going to use with the springs etc then measure.

yep he is correct. for some reason with 2nd gen some people can fit 315s fine some cant even fit 295s...
      AJ
      1970 camaro rs, z28:pro-touring?... i wish
      93 trans am

Firebirds have different rear quarters than Camaros allowing for a wider rear tire. Two things you will most likely have to do to any second gen to get wide rear tires is roll the fender lip and pound in the rear seatbelt pocket. Obvisouly some people have gotten away without doing that, so just realize I am speaking in generalities.

Not A, do you have pictures of your car? I would really like to see your set up. I personally am hoping for 305s on a 10in rim for my 79 with only doing fender lip rolling and seatbealt pocket pounding. I think that would suit me just fine. Stock rear end though.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

mine is a 70 so it doesent have the seat belt humps. i plan to roll the lips and run a 295/285 on a 9.5 tire.i would like to run 305s but the only ones i know of are the nitto DRs and i have the on my 4th gen nd i dont like the side wall for turning...
      AJ
      1970 camaro rs, z28:pro-touring?... i wish
      93 trans am

Michelin makes or made a 305 on an 18in rim. I've got a 94 vette sitting on 305s in the back. Pilot sports I believe are the style of tire
      Trey

~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

WS6 pics when I was installing tires
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Wow, talk about cutting it close to the springs. Thanks for posting. They do look nice on there though. That tread pattern looks mean
      Trey

~ Jon Hammond

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com