Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Saying good-bye to my GTP

Well after 16 years and 211k miles I will be saying good bye to my 97 GTP. Been a great car and companion. But time to move on. Picking up a new, 111 test driven miles, 2012 CTS-V sedan. Black Diamond Tricoat, black Recaro, sunroof, midnight wood package, yellow Brembos, suede steering wheel/shifter, and polished rims. Can't wait to pick it up on Friday. Will probably pass on the GTP to my wife's nephew.

67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Very nice... Be sure to post some pics...
      Have you thought about electric cutouts? A friend of mine has a set on his '04 and it sounds real nasty with them open. Close 'em up and it's back to stock...
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

You're going to love the V!

I picked up a 2011 coupe back in March (Traded in my M45)....wondering why I didn't do this sooner!
      You planning to to swap in a solid isolator? Mine already has the marble noise, but going to wait until the warranty expires before swapping the isolator...and probably a smaller pulley

Here's mine...

From what I know about the isolator problem. It was fixed in the later 2012's. I thought I saw a post somewhere that you could determine if you had the newer isolator by your VIN. I didn't start having issues with my GTPs isolator until around 75k. This should have been a recall issue IMHO. BTW nice coupe.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Nice upgrade, I had a 97 coupe and I always wanted a GTP.
      Stephen

This is funny. Just cleaned up and put my 97 up for sale. Had it for 12 yrs and put on 150k totaling 208k on car. Aside from routine maintenance and a tranny change, it has been a great car. Time to move one to something else like G8 or E46 M3.

Quote Originally Posted by Takid455 View Post
      This is funny. Just cleaned up and put my 97 up for sale. Had it for 12 yrs and put on 150k totaling 208k on car. Aside from routine maintenance and a tranny change, it has been a great car. Time to move one to something else like G8 or E46 M3.
      I picked up s clean G8 this year and absolutely love it.
      Stephen

Just got back from my cross state journey to buy my V. Didn't turn out as I had hoped. When I got there the car I came to buy was sitting out front. The Diamond coat is beautiful. The car had black rims and not polished liked the description said. Well we sat down for a test drive. That's when I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. II could not get the Recaros adjusted enough to make me feel comfortable in the car. I tried and tried. I'm not all guy. 6-2 280. I had sat inn a coupe previously with Recaros and thought it was the headroom that made me feel uncomfortable. But I drove a standard CTS with standard seats and I felt comfortable. So I backed out of the car I originally went to purchase.

But the day didn't end to bad after all . They had a 2013 at another dealership near by. It was Raven black, polished rims, red Brembos, no Recaros and no sunroof. The no sunroof was an option I was really glad to loose. Took it for a test drive and felt very comfortable. So, even thought this was a newer year car it had a few less options. So I was able to get this car for the same payments as the 2012 I went to buy originally. When the sun comes up tomorrow I'll post a few pics. The only sad part of the day was I had to follow my wife and mother in law back cross the state of Florida. So here I am in a 556hp car capable of 175 mph and I'm doing 60-65 on I-4 .... I got passed by a Hyundai Accent ... I was so embarrassed ...

Here are some pics .... DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a professional photographer ...
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Beautiful!
      Stephen

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com