Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Liz Miles+Boyd+Wife=....FIRED!!

I caught Boyd's show tonight,apparently they have fired the
      new girl Liz Miles from the show,she said in the show that it
      was a misunderstanding about her salary,and even after she
      agreed to what they were going to pay her..boyd fired her.

Early in the show,one of the guys brought in Boyd's wife's
      car to be worked on..she wanted some things changed on
      it,lug nuts ect,and told that dude Duane to get on it.So he
      says that he will get Liz to do it,cause the other guys are
      busy on a twin turbo corvette project.Well "Jo" Boyd's wife
      says "that I don't want her working on my car" and that
      when she was introduced to her "she had a bad attitude"
      and she doesn't like people with attitudes.So next day
      Liz says she's gone..packs up her Camaro and leaves.

lol..I don't usually watch these shows,Soho much like a
      drama soap show,but this one if you catch it is worth
      it,Boyd never says anything about it..or comments on
      it,and Liz (to me) doesn't seem like she had a bad tude
      just was new and trying to learn stuff,all the guys said
      there that she was great,well crap also another guy has
      quit "Al" the older guy that bult frames and was good.

I think he had been there with Boyd for a long time!

Stick to Building cool cars,..and drop the drama "show"

Off.. off..and away!

-Jim

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      good maybe Liz will get back to her own shop....I smell publicity move. Lets see how it worked. Note to future employees...don't mess with "Jo"!
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Country Flag: United States
      Hrm she is the one that was in hotrod a while back with the Orange Camaro? Didn't' know she was on Boyd's show now.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Liz is a cool girl. I dont believe she had any attitude with "Jo". I suspect the old lady had a problem with an attractive young girl being in the shop and getting the attention that "belongs" to "Jo".

What an old bitty.

I will never watch that show again.

As for Liz...I sure hope she finds something better and doesnt let those 'tards discourage her.

I have to agree with 73z-6sp. I watch the show & thought Liz (Sugar pants as Duane calls her, LOL), did great, she didn't give anyone any attitude, did what she was told, & was learning quick. All the guys in the shop thought she was doing a great job. Personally I think Jo is a b!tch, & Jo thought Liz was moving in on her territory. Jo wants to be the only cow in the pasture with the bulls, she doesn't want any competition.

I think it is crap.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

This is a real dicey situation. On one hand you wanna be sympathetic towards her because you saw the exchange between Jo and Duane and then what Boyd did to her (which I think sucked). But on the other hand you don't know the real story or what went on behind closed doors because neither Boyd, Jo, nor Duane talked about it. It's plausible that she may have rubbed Jo Codington the wrong way or gave her an attitude. Liz seems like she's pretty cool but she has done some suspect things as of late. I know she lobbied Lateral-G and some of their sponsors for sponsorship and even went out and hired an agent for herself (or so I was told). It seems like she's on this big push to get noticed and to garner publicity for herself. This is fine if what you’re after is a job in television, but as far as earning respect amongst your peers in this hobby...that’s not going to go a long way. It's possible that Jo, Boyd, and Duane picked up on this and that's why they were eager to get rid of her. But again...we don't really know the whole story.

I voiced my opinion about Liz on Lat-G and basically I wish her the best and hope that she allows the accolades to fall her way rather than seek them out. This hobby could benefit from more gender and ethnic diversity. Given the right circumstances, I think she has a great opportunity to be an ambassador to other women who aspire to be part of this hobby. I hope she takes advantage of it.

As far as what happened last night...I think Jo Coddington had a problem with a young pretty girl stealing her thunder from the TV cameras. But knowing that show, Liz might be back on in the next couple of episodes. They brought that Tony kid back after letting him go.
      Last edited by trapin; 06-12-2008 at 07:59 AM.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

I hope Liz shows up on Over Haulin. that will show Boyd. I must agree with you guys on this one. she did a great job. alot better then that stupid kid last year that they kept around.

Let's see......Boyd lost the best painter he ever had to Foose, two top notch fabricator's left lost to other shops, Al (who plays a critical role in every chassis build) has left again, hmmm anyone see a long running pattern here?
      Dave Smith
      29 Ford Roadster Pickup blown 327 and stupid
      67 Chevelle 396/5 speed PT
      65 El Camino L79

As I see it, the good builders on that show (charlie, Al, Scott, etc) got hired to build cars for a living, not be TV stars. Some people on that show like Duane love being a TV star. It's so staged, you can tell. They want it to be like American Choppers, but you can't, because you can't make that s*** up. Those Tuettle's are wacky !
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

"Those Tuettles" started to get stale about 2 years ago.

My friend Eric who owns a bike shop had the perfect description for those idiots; Glorified Cake Decorators.
      Last edited by trapin; 08-31-2007 at 10:49 AM.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

yea I thought it was me but American Chopper builds junk. nothing Original IMO. I stopped watching that show after their first season. Its the same thing over and over.

Who watch American Hot Rod last night???????????

For those who watched……………………

It appears to me that Boyd’s shop intentionally short-paid Liz for the purpose of creating a confrontation. Once she called to discuss the paycheck, her inquiry was used to terminate her.

Where do you begin to talk about what is wrong with that show, and to the extent the show reflect what really happens at the shop, where do you begin with Boyd?????????????

I will never watch the show again. I stopped the auto record on my TiVo last night.

What an evil place of business.

I went to school with Mike Curtis (1st & 2nd season), and still am very good friends with his little bro. They say that Boyd is just shady like that, and it really is a nightmare business to work for!!!
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by ProVette

I stopped the auto record on my TiVo last night.
      ^^^^+1

I hope Liz lands on her feet, they asked all the guy's in the shop about her and none of them said anything negative, actually they were positive comments.

Boyd is shady,a very poor business owner, how many times has he went bankrupt? Jo seems like a real battle ax, and Duane, I am shocked no one has not kicked his teeth in, Al was right, a little of Duane goes a long,long way! I do not blame Al at all for leaving again, I just hope he doesnt go back again!

That would be funny if BOTH Him and Liz ended up over at the FOOSE camp!
      72 Nova

I used to live next to Boyd in Cypress when he was just building cars in his garage and was working as a maintenance mechanic at Disneyland. He sparked every dad in the neighborhood to build cars. Back then he was more humble and would actually help guys with their projects. Then he started getting recognition, started his own shop and then the wheel business. He got into financial trouble, lost his shop and a few years later other investors brought him back again.

American Hot Rod SUCKS! The real fun about guys (and gals) building cars is the camaraderie between fellow builders, sharing knowledge and helping out others achieve building their dream cars.

Boyd seems to just want to play “Paris Hilton” and see how he can get more publicity. It will continue as long as there are people willing to pay to get a “Boyd” built car, mostly because they have lots of cash and are probably as egotistical as Boyd is and that they just want to say “Boyd” built this for me. There are so many talented builders around who do it because they love it, not because they want a pat on the back. He lost Chip Foose, which was the best thing to for Chip. He is just a regular guy, with lots of talent who hasn’t forgotten the values his father taught him. GO CHIP!

I don’t know what demographic TLC is going for with AHR, but I certainly don’t watch. I like shows about cars. Shows like Horsepower TV, Muscle Car TV etc are the kind of shows I like, they spotlight the cars, not the egos behind them. Have you seen Boyd’s web site? He is available for personal appearances. Maybe you can get him to come to your daughters sweet 16 party. He may even say Hi to you. :O

Robert

Attractive girl.

True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

I've had more than a couple of customers who were former Boyd employees.

He pays peanuts and treats his employees like dirt.
      Build - Drive - Destroy - Repeat

Well looks like the only worth watching AHR for has been fired. Oh well, I wouldn't know anything about the girl if it weren't for this thread. She's got a lot of talent if you check out her website. Wish I could do the bodywork like she can. Bets of luck to her and anyone else over at that shop.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Well I met Boyd back in 97 on power tour and he was as nice as could be,BUT, he was getting real bitter as he was having problems with the cleaning supplies, off shore generic wheels and such, even back then he was doubting the choice to follow through and most of it wasnt even out completely yet.
      He got a real belly full and lost his first big shop/wheel business.
      A friend who knows him told me he had to pay several million dollars to get his name back as a buisness name.
      Dont get me wrong I figure some of the "stuff" going on was scripted but he does still have some good ideas.
      As for amrican chopper I watch it with a buddy and I see a lot of invation thier and new ideas and the fact that they are building on several years of hard work.
      But everyone has an opinion on things so , watch what you want and dont watch what you dont.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com