Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: How Bad is it

How Bad is it

Hey all,
      I have a C10 that I want to paint BUT
      No place to do it.
      How bad would it be to shoot a car/truck out side??
      would it turn out like crap?

Country Flag: United States
      Yes, plus you could end up with a $1,000,000.00 fine form the EPA and up to 5 years in jail!! Talk to some of the smaller body shops in your area and see if one wil rent you their booth for the day.
      Rick

I've seen a few cars painted candy in the front yard and they came out pretty good, amazing what a cut and buff will do! Lol, I wouldnt do it tho...
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Other than being illegal as all hell yes you can.

As mentioned see if you can find a bodyshop that will rent their booth to you.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff
      Proformance Motorsports

1993 Yukon on 35's
      1988 IROC under construction

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but the EPA regulates business, not individuals at their home. Hence why you can put almost anything in your trash at home, but a lot of those items would be "hazardous waste" if they came from a business.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM66 View Post
      I'm not saying it's a good idea, but the EPA regulates business, not individuals at their home. Hence why you can put almost anything in your trash at home, but a lot of those items would be "hazardous waste" if they came from a business.
      Agreed .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

I,d at least do it under a carport or equivilent roof. It takes good timing & luck for the weather conditions & bugs. you can hose things down for a ways out around your work area to keep down dust. I painted my tailgate & bedcover under an outside roof at work a few years ago late summer during a light misty rain that settled the nearby road construction dust & had near dry to touch as bugs started to come out. Painted my hood, fenders & fascia under my carport a couple of nights near midnight just before last years March daytona spring show.Rest of vehicle I sprayed years earlier in a professional booth.While this is a good example that a decent job can be done without proper conditions, it ain't easy & does factor in luck. PS,I also have good buffing skills.
      http://s1094.photobucket.com/profile/jlcustomz1

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com