Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Michael Vick Dogfights / Roy Jones' fighting c* *ks

Can I post that?
      I wonder, because this is my 2nd attempt! ;)

Anyhoo, this is a serious question. I just don't have the knowledge or details to know the answer to my question.

Of course Michael Vik is in all the media about the allegations of dog-fighting, rings, cruel punishment and brutal murders (?) of dogs.

It made me think of ol' Roy Jones, boxing legend that he is, and how he *frequently* talks about his rooster farms and sometimes about them fighting and even how some of his moves are from those rooster fights. (for the sake of possible censorship, I'll just call them that)

So, what is the big difference here? Is it just that people came out against Vik and no one has called out Roy on his activities or spied on him or video-taped him?

I'm guessing that Roy doesn't RUN a fighting ring, nor brutally kill his roosters as Vik is accused of doing to the dogs, but, isn't the very act of being involved in animal fighting against most/all state laws?

Somebody shed some light on this for me!

69 RS
      LS7, T56 and other cool stuff
      Back on track in late 2020!
      Build Thread

Country Flag: United States
      Did Jones ever setup fights between the roosters or did they just fight when they came across each other? Honestly, I have no idea other than maybe people care more about dogs than roosters? :shrug:
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Quote Originally Posted by BA.
      Can I post that?
      I wonder, because this is my 2nd attempt! ;)
      Yes, just refrain from any political discussion surrounding the matter.

The bad thing about Mike Vick is that the house that the fights took place at it was his cousin that lived there. Vick just owned the property. Of course he had to know something about it but why aren't you hearing anything about the cousin.

Ummm...rooster fights are still legal in some states (I know Oklahoma is one) so Roy can discuss it openly without fear of reprisal.

Dogfighting is illegal in the USA, so there's not much to discuss there.

Also, dogs are pets, while chickens are food. That's going to make a big difference. But, the legal aspect is why one is 'ok' while the other is not.

~SP~
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Oh! I get it. The rule of thumb is that if we're going to kill it anyway, sooner or later, then the fights are ok. .....Just being facitious!

Good point though, I hadn't looked at it like that. What with some peeps eating dog, and others having farm animals as pets, the line gets blurred in my head sometimes. ;)

I don't care if its dogs, chickens or any other critter. Bloodsports such as these are barbaric and those involved in them should be jailed for cruelty to animals.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True
      I don't care if its dogs, chickens or any other critter. Bloodsports such as these are barbaric and those involved in them should be jailed for cruelty to animals.
      I'm with ya - The only bloodsports I enjoy involve humans who choose to participate in them. No animal should be forced to fight for its life.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Parkhurst
      I'm with ya - The only bloodsports I enjoy involve humans who choose to participate in them. No animal should be forced to fight for its life.
      I condone boxing and MMA fighting based on the fact that those involved elect to do so, but I don't enjoy them.

....and 79_GBody, read the indictment. Vick is in that mess up to his armpits. Not only did he have full knowledge of what was going on, he is/was a major player in events on his property and in other locations in the mid-atlantic.
      True T.

My blog

The bad thing about Mike Vick is that the house that the fights took place at it was his cousin that lived there. Vick just owned the property. Of course he had to know something about it but why aren't you hearing anything about the cousin.
      Vick and 3 or 4 others were indicted. I assume one of those was the cousin you mention. The other thing is that the Feds are asserting that Vick was at the center of this group and that the property was purchased and the house built primarily as a place to breed these animals and to host dogfights. It seems Vick is in this up to his neck. According to the Feds, who never lie. (ok, that last sentence might be a little facetious ...) I'm watching this story play out with morbid curiousity. Can the Feds take down a rich NFL quarterback?

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj
      Can the Feds take down a rich NFL quarterback?
      I believe they can, and will. I am predicting atleast a year in prision for Vick, and associates..

-Todd
      Todd S.

"I like to race school buses..."

Normally there is a justice system and a "rich people" justice system.

The question is does Vick have enough to pay the freight to get into the latter despite the public outrage about what he has done. This aint no DUI charge.
      True T.

My blog

sick vick

The question is does Vick have enough to pay the freight to get into the latter despite the public outrage about what he has done. This aint no DUI charge.
      I think that you have made an important point, but I think that he'll skate on all charges because he's loaded. If O.J. can get away with double murder, surely he can get off on some poot butt dog cruelty charges!

I dunno, I think that right or wrong, there are often times when people are more outraged about the senseless death of an animal than a human.
      True T.

My blog

sick vick

I dunno, I think that right or wrong, there are often times when people are more outraged about the senseless death of an animal than a human.
      You have a valid point, but as they say, in the good old U.S. of A Money talks & bull**** walks!
      Last edited by zbugger; 07-25-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj
      Vick and 3 or 4 others were indicted. I assume one of those was the cousin you mention. The other thing is that the Feds are asserting that Vick was at the center of this group and that the property was purchased and the house built primarily as a place to breed these animals and to host dogfights. It seems Vick is in this up to his neck. According to the Feds, who never lie. (ok, that last sentence might be a little facetious ...) I'm watching this story play out with morbid curiousity. Can the Feds take down a rich NFL quarterback?

jp

??? They couldn't touch OJ ???
      I hope no one beat me to that?lol
      Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by BMF Machine
      ??? They couldn't touch OJ ???
      I hope no one beat me to that?lol
      lol... Yeah, and they still haven't finished with Barry yet.

On the Vick subject, he is VERY involved. He's a primary holder, apparently, in the Bad News Kennell that hosted the dogfights. On top of that, there's the animal cruelty charges. There have been some who are involved in the dogfighting arena that are calling them barbaric for the way they killed the losing and/or unfit/non-competitive dogs. Electrocutions, hangings, slamming a dog to the ground head first till it's dead... He's linked directly to setting up and hosting the fights as well. If he even went to training camp, or even played, I'm sure he wouldn't last long. I would bet that some fellow players would put him in the hospital as well.

As for cockfighting, well, it's being made illegal in Louisiana now as well, so it's almost illegal in the United States.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Damn True used "aint" in a sentence? What is this forum coming too......
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph LoGrasso
      Yes, just refrain from any political discussion surrounding the matter.
      Politics!??!?! Who would do such a thing as bring politics into this discussion!?!? LOL!
      True is VERY correct in saying that people get more crap for doing something to animals than hurting people though! It is a messed up system. AND ANOTHER THING!!!......... Those stinkin'........and they..........they are stupid for........... and the people that allow......and..... and........
      Oh, that's right. No politics! LOL!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Quote Originally Posted by zbugger
      lol... Yeah, and they still haven't finished with Barry yet.

On the Vick subject, he is VERY involved. He's a primary holder, apparently, in the Bad News Kennell that hosted the dogfights. On top of that, there's the animal cruelty charges. There have been some who are involved in the dogfighting arena that are calling them barbaric for the way they killed the losing and/or unfit/non-competitive dogs. Electrocutions, hangings, slamming a dog to the ground head first till it's dead... He's linked directly to setting up and hosting the fights as well. If he even went to training camp, or even played, I'm sure he wouldn't last long. I would bet that some fellow players would put him in the hospital as well.

As for cockfighting, well, it's being made illegal in Louisiana now as well, so it's almost illegal in the United States.
      I know a defensive lineman for the saints who cant wait to get his hands on Vick. His words were something to the effect that Vick would finish out the season in the hospital.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com