Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Rambler Wagon almost done

Ok I hope pics attach. Pics aren't the greatest but what the heck. Car getting loaded for final interior touch ups and back for exterior polish. Looks a little stock in pics but remeber this is a '62 American and it takes a lot to squeeze in modern drivetrain and suspension in there. 1992 Vette LT1, Mustang 2, 4bar rear, Full frame welded into sock unitized chassis, hidden underfloor brakes w 4w discs, etc, etc. Every panel and every piece on car has been fabricated or altered in one way or another. Stock aprons cut back 6 inches on each side with cutouts for headers, custom firewall, etc. Sorry to go on but I don't want you guys to think those are 17inchers stuck on stock suspension. It is nicer in person. I will post better pics when it is polished out. Let the opinions fly!!

After reviewing pics, damn that engine compartment is filthy. Like I said car is getting final go through.

I like it. Looks like it will be a whole lot of fun to drive.
      James
      -1969 Camaro Sport Coupe
      -1996 Z28
      -2005 Silverado
      Webpage

Talk about doing something different. It looks pretty good to me. What an excellent choice you made. I really like wagons, always have especially two door wagons. What are you doing in the grill area?

cool car! I always like to see something a little different being built!!!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Country Flag: United States
      Sweet car, the LT1 looks great in there!

Tag

Surely that is not your real tag! If it is-
      I just can not believe you pulled that off!
      Nice ride!
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Thanks, Grille is fabricated just off at powder coaters. I fab'd tube surround with stainless mesh insert. Like I said every piece of this thing is fabricated. In regards to the plate it is real and is currently registered. I can't understand how it went through either. There has to be some prisoner laughing their ass off. The LT1 looks like it belongs there but there is about a hundred hours of sheetmetal work to make it look like the aprons and firewall came that way. I hate chopped up cars with unfinished edges. Actually those aprons are double walled and are finished with metal work on both sides. I will hit the shows next season. Not a 100k perfect car but a really well finished fun car. Next car is going to be early F Body as I need a break and quicker project.

Definitely different,but i like it,and your right the lt-1 looks like it is supposed to be in there ,nice job.
      73 corvette chop top silver LS6 motor ,LS6 intake,700r4,2400 pro torque convertor ,3.70 gears,modified hooker sidepipes to fit LS1,17 x9.5 boyd starburst,nitto 275/50/17-255/50/17 tires,vb&p suspension,nitrous,L-88 headlights,autometer guages.L88 hood,flares,spreader bar,vb&p sway bars

I say wagons are AWSOME!!!!
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

How did I miss this one? What an awsome car. Great stance, great wheels, tasty color combo. And I'm always happy to see another New Yorker around. Great job Brian. :icon996:

Thanks

very nice indeed!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com