Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Will a 98 Z28 Power booster work in 68 Maro?

Can I somehow put in the power booster and clutch cylinder from a 98 camaro into a 68 camaro>?

I can get a complete totalled car for a good deal and was wondering what is transferrable

John S.

68 "Bloodline" Camaro in assembly...

Speedtech Sub, Alston G-Billet/Fab 9 rear, Ridetech coil overs, Moser axles, Fesler 19's, Lots of Anvil parts,Twin tubo LS3/T56, Carbon fiber manifold, and the list goes on and on..........

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      yes, it can be used but it takes a bit of work. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37217
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

cool thanks!
      John S.

68 "Bloodline" Camaro in assembly...

Speedtech Sub, Alston G-Billet/Fab 9 rear, Ridetech coil overs, Moser axles, Fesler 19's, Lots of Anvil parts,Twin tubo LS3/T56, Carbon fiber manifold, and the list goes on and on..........

Rear Disk Brakes

Does Any Body Know If The Rear Brake Off Of A Third Gen Or Forth Gen Camaro Fit A 68 Camaro. I Think It Does But Not 100% Sure.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      yes both will fit but the only 3rd gen rear brake worth a poop is the 1LE. You will need 2 left sides from the 4th gen unless you in board the shocks.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Actually the 4th gens will work without moving the shocks inboard, you just need to adjust the shock mount on the drivers side. If you mount the brackets and calipers on opposite sides the e-brake cable pulls to the front.
      Also another option rather than cutting the firewall for the booster is to push the old studs out of the 4th gen booster and then weld some tabs on the booster and drill 4 holes so that the original studs fit, and the pushrod for the booster lines up in the center of the original hole. This also helps to rasie the booster to give extra engine clearance, my LS2 wouldn't fit if my booster wasnt raised that little bit.
      68 Camaro
      LS2 6speed
      Complete Hotchkis front and rear suspension, Global west SFC, 3rd gen steering box, C5 front rear discs w/ 4th gen booster and MC. 8.5" posi rearend with 30 Spline 12 bolt axles.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight68
      Actually the 4th gens will work without moving the shocks inboard, you just need to adjust the shock mount on the drivers side. If you mount the brackets and calipers on opposite sides the e-brake cable pulls to the front.
      Also another option rather than cutting the firewall for the booster is to push the old studs out of the 4th gen booster and then weld some tabs on the booster and drill 4 holes so that the original studs fit, and the pushrod for the booster lines up in the center of the original hole. This also helps to rasie the booster to give extra engine clearance, my LS2 wouldn't fit if my booster wasnt raised that little bit.
      Do you happen to have any pics of the install or of the tabs that you set up on the booster. Maybe some pics of the rear shock adjustment also. That would be very helpfull. Thanks
      1969 Chevy Camaro Conv. 5.7
      2006 GMC Sierra 6.6
      2004 GMC Yukon Denali 6.0

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com