Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Autocross

Funny you mention Maier Racing, I just found them today. I was checking out youtube.com and saw a video of there yellow fox body. I guess I'll probly start looking into early fox bodies. I was planing on ordering a rule book friday. On the tow vehicle I am getting a new bigger truck later this year and I already have a trailer. Thanks for all the info and help.

The one truley awsome thing about autocross is the people. So far I have yet to meet anyone I didnt like. Everyone is very helpfull and just want you to have the most fun and do as good as possible.
      Andrew Petty

I found my calling. I gotta have a car this serious.

Andrew Petty

Country Flag: United States
      Wait'll you see the CP Corvettes!
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 69Nova
      I found my calling. I gotta have a car this serious.

Ask Mary about what it's like driving that car, she has!!!
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Check out photos here:

B & C Prepared:
      http://www.americanauto-x.com/gallery/prepmod.asp

These are my favorite, BSP Vintage:
      http://www.americanauto-x.com/gallery/bspv.asp
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Mary whats it like driving that car?!?!?
      Andrew Petty

Quote Originally Posted by David Pozzi
      It's probably the best handling car I've ever driven and it's like a big slot car. Frank Stagnaro owns it and did most of the prep work himself and has owned the Mustang (no, it's not a real GT350) since 1968 or so. He's autocrossed it since the early '70's if I remember correctly. Very competitive CP car and it was very easy to drive. Just point, shoot, and steer around cones. The Mustang didn't feel "big" and drove "small."

It's been 25 years since I first drove that car (man, I feel OLD!!!) and it's a completely different car now. Back in '82, it still had the warmed over 289 and OEM configured suspension (leafs, etc.) but now everything's fully adjustable and coil-over, plus the engine's built to the limit of the rules. Remote brake reservoirs, lightened chassis, the works. For CP, the rules have changed to allow tube-frame cars (10% weight added for penalty), V6 cars can run around 2500 lbs, and most of the V8's are between 2800-3000 lbs. These are now specialty cars that have had lots of good technology and serious coin spent on them.

Frank flirted with the CP championship title many times before he finally won!!! Back in 1982, he should have won hands-down but a pesky pylon cost him the title. Since then, the Mustang has many CP and CPL championships with several drivers. I won twice in the car and Frank's significant other, Barbara Ogg, has a couple CPL wins as well. Great car that is easy to be driven well!!

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      Last edited by mpozzi; 06-28-2007 at 10:56 AM.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Just to bring this thread back to life I figured I'd post a video of one of my autocross runs today. We got six runs in (the video in run two).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qobfnj5NyY

Edit: I added another to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vsGa2-M6BI
      Andrew Petty

I found some pictures of my car from yesterday on the internet.

Only other guy in my class!

Andrew Petty

Okay Andrew . . . we are going to take up a collection to get you some nicer numbers and class designation. Or send you to art school so you can use Painter's Tape so it's more pleasing to the eye. Just kidding but it really looks professional to have good magnetics on the sides of the car. In a pinch, get the magnetic material directly from your local sign maker and cut out numbers yourself. Spray paint them using the flexible interior paint and you're good to go.

www.solotime.com has a vast selection of numbers and kits. They're not that expensive and you can choose colors, type fonts, and sizes. Minimum size for autocrossing should be 10" but I recommend 12" for best visibility.

Congrats on your autocrossing and keep 'em coming. There's also a monthly magazine, North American Pylon, that has most of the nation's events in it. Great reference material as it also has the upcoming events. I think a yearly subscription is $24.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Good stuff Andrew...they run SoloI up near you? gotta try that too!

Hey, if anyone knows...whats Rick Brown been up to?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

I'll look into it.
      Andrew Petty

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi
      Okay Andrew . . . we are going to take up a collection to get you some nicer numbers and class designation. Or send you to art school so you can use Painter's Tape so it's more pleasing to the eye. Just kidding but it really looks professional to have good magnetics on the sides of the car. In a pinch, get the magnetic material directly from your local sign maker and cut out numbers yourself. Spray paint them using the flexible interior paint and you're good to go.

www.solotime.com has a vast selection of numbers and kits. They're not that expensive and you can choose colors, type fonts, and sizes. Minimum size for autocrossing should be 10" but I recommend 12" for best visibility.

Congrats on your autocrossing and keep 'em coming. There's also a monthly magazine, North American Pylon, that has most of the nation's events in it. Great reference material as it also has the upcoming events. I think a yearly subscription is $24.

Cheers,
      Mary Pozzi
      LOL! Yes I need magnets bad. I think I found a local place that will make me some numbers like the red car for a good price. But art school does sound fun....... LOL
      Andrew Petty

Car looks great Andy. Keep this thread going , its awesome.

Auto-Xing the Nova

Well, I have recently been taking the Nova to the Central Pennsylvania Regions autocross events held at the Mid-State Airport facility. It has been a total blast. Never tried anything other than drag racing in my 50 years and this has been the most fun in a car ( well almost the most fun) I have ever had while driving! The car was basically the drag race style until I stumbled onto this forum and with all the info I have got here and changes I have made it does all right at the auto-x. Just thought I would put a few pics here with Andrews.

Dave
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Dave, that car will look great at pocono. In october.

Thanks Dirk.

Dave your car looks awsome.

It has been a total blast. Never tried anything other than drag racing in my 50 years and this has been the most fun in a car ( well almost the most fun) I have ever had while driving! The car was basically the drag race style
      That quote is exactly why I try and get people to come with me to a autocross. I got a few of my friends and one of my friends dad to come out and try and and now they never miss a event with me. We all bring stuff to share and help each other out. It's a ton of fun. I recently got my dad to come to this last event and watch and now he is hooked. Were on the hunt for a cheap car so I can really get competitive and go to bigger events(my goal is to reach nationals one day).
      Andrew Petty

I run my modified Impala SS in the Street Modified class here in the East TN Region of the SCCA. At 4200 lbs, it is like bringing a knife to a gunfight, but it sure is a lot of fun! Here are a few pics. I'll try to post a little video up later.

1996 Impala SS - not quite stock

This video is from 2004 when my car had a stock motor with only "Bolt on" mods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1TI05Pi2c

This video is from 2 years ago, also with the bolt-on motor, at a "high speed autocross" on a 1/4-mile oval. It is a little fun compilation that a buddy put together for me. I was killing some cones that day.:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDXI5tEj8fE

This video is from earlier this year. The car now has a 500+ HP 385 CID stroker LT1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcyCKVmMBHk

This video is also of a "high speed autocross", but with the new stroker motor. I see 80+ mph on the back straight at these events:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...ed0172c3bc.htm
      1996 Impala SS - not quite stock

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Quote Originally Posted by 69Nova
      I'll look into it.
      you'll get hooked....fast
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=paClRcT39HY
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com