the difference is the aluminum 427 and no yenko strips
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

Quote Originally Posted by 55chevyman
      actually thats is a copo zl1 car i believe
      I think you're right thanks

those cars are awesome i would love to have one. though i would love to have any camaro
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

super clean in the engine bay (of course)

.......nice site RockDogz.....

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 55chevyman
      actually thats is a copo zl1 car i believe
      I see an iron big block unless he painted the block and heads Chevy Orange.

Jody

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb
      I see an iron big block unless he painted the block and heads Chevy Orange.

Jody
      Yep here's more info on the motor: http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/copo-camaro-08.html

I think I would rather have it before they cloned it. I dig COPOs but their allure is how they came about not their show stopping looks. To clone one really does nothing for me since they really aren't anything to look at, aside from the engine of course. Neat car all the same. BTW COPO and Yenko are two different cars. Yenkos typically started out as COPOs but did not have to be. This car is a cloned COPO not a cloned Yenko
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Quote Originally Posted by WS6
      I think I would rather have it before they cloned it. I dig COPOs but their allure is how they came about not their show stopping looks. To clone one really does nothing for me since they really aren't anything to look at, aside from the engine of course. Neat car all the same. BTW COPO and Yenko are two different cars. Yenkos typically started out as COPOs but did not have to be. This car is a cloned COPO not a cloned Yenko
      I changed my topic title but it didn't seem to take - :( can some admin change it for me?

Done
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

It could be either really. For 69, Yenko's (COPO 9561 for the iron block and heads) were COPO's as were ZL1's (COPO 9560). Considering Gibb, Harrell, Berger and other dealers ordered COPO cars (and usually didn't stripe them), it could be a clone of either 9560 or 9561.

I agree. The COPO cars that came with the dog dish hubcaps are neat because they came with those pretty much as "rolling stock" as GM believed, and were right, that the wheels and tires would be changed out for a racing setup or by one of the aftermarket dealerships for a set of "mags".

To replicate a car in a "plain wrapper" when it really isn't that car seems a bit silly. Heck, you might was well Yenko it out or do a Ballwin-Motion Phase III.

I think they should of tubbed it out, and made a pro-streeter out of it. I hear that is the new trend now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM66
      I think they should of tubbed it out, and made a pro-streeter out of it. I hear that is the new trend now.
      LOL!!! LOL!! I luv it!!LOL
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Quote Originally Posted by rockdogz
      I changed my topic title but it didn't seem to take - :( can some admin change it for me?
      My bad. I was just shedding some more light on the cars in general. You never know when somone who has never heard of a COPO is reading something. So it's never a dig at the original poster, just a correction for the sake of being right. Thanks for posting the pics.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

My bad. I was just shedding some more light on the cars in general. You never know when somone who has never heard of a COPO is reading something. So it's never a dig at the original poster, just a correction for the sake of being right. Thanks for posting the pics.
      Trey,
      Not at all - you are right. For some reason I was thinking Yenko when I posted this and the car has some kind of Yenko license plate frame I think. I appreciated your correction and wanted to make the title of the post correct. Thanks for helping with that Tony.

Pretty cool car. But it's missing the orange overspray on the exhaust manifolds.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

I saw a blue one at Pleasanton Goodguys a few years back, all stock and restored. The guy was looking for a Camaro when he was young and found an ad for this one in New York. Went to look at it, needed work, owner knew nothing about the car other than it was old and did not run well. I think the guy paid like $500 for it, then started to work on the car. Over time he started having trouble replacing any engine accessories/parts because he assumed he had a 396. As soon as he found it it was the aluminum 427 he changed course and kept the car original. The car was not really any better looking than a regular 69, but the story and that engine did it for me. Before the LS motors came out I used to dream of having an aluminum 427!
      Jeff
      1971 RS Camaro: PAINKILLER

Quote Originally Posted by jeffandre
      I saw a blue one at Pleasanton Goodguys a few years back, all stock and restored. The guy was looking for a Camaro when he was young and found an ad for this one in New York. Went to look at it, needed work, owner knew nothing about the car other than it was old and did not run well. I think the guy paid like $500 for it, then started to work on the car. Over time he started having trouble replacing any engine accessories/parts because he assumed he had a 396. As soon as he found it it was the aluminum 427 he changed course and kept the car original. The car was not really any better looking than a regular 69, but the story and that engine did it for me. Before the LS motors came out I used to dream of having an aluminum 427!
      Oh wow, can you imagine... I doubt we'll ever hear stories like that again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com