Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Car security

Car security

What kind of car alarms is everyone using? I'm looking at a compustar 2wfmaspro. Is that a good one? I want mercury switch for detecting movement, intrusion if someone opens a door and a pager. It also can be had with it's own power source in case they disconected the batt. This pager is rated for 1 mile but the guy says 2-3mi isn't uncommon. I'm not worried about somebody starting the thing and driving it away but more it getting picked up on a rollaway. Any suggestions? Please don't give me the old 'If they want it they're gonna get it', I'm just looking for the latest good anti theft advise. Thanks all.

We like Viper...

They come w/ a key fob that has 1/4 mile range and let's you know if your car is locked or open and will alert you on the fob if anyone is messing w/ the car.

It also has an optional GPS based tracking system which can be set up to send out alarms or you can check anytime where the car is.
      John Buscema

dqhemi, that sounds good too. Is there a monthly cost for the gps tracking?

Country Flag: United States
      http://www.ravelco.com/
      http://gps-snitch.com
      I have had to remove so many Viper systems ,,,,dont skimp on the model.
      I honestly like and used to install Avital, they have code rolling technology.

I like the gps snitch idea but I don't know how to track it. I don't suppose it's too hard. I don't always have a lap top with me.
      The Avitel looks good. Where can I call them to discuss my needs?
      I don't need power locks [it's a convert] or remote start [I'd probably flame 'er in gear]. Just a unit with an independent power source, a pager with good distance, a noisemaker, maybe a chirp and a l.e.d. What else should I get? The way my car will dissappear will be on a tow truck.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com