Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by jeffandre
      I saw a blue one at Pleasanton Goodguys a few years back, all stock and restored. The guy was looking for a Camaro when he was young and found an ad for this one in New York. Went to look at it, needed work, owner knew nothing about the car other than it was old and did not run well. I think the guy paid like $500 for it, then started to work on the car. Over time he started having trouble replacing any engine accessories/parts because he assumed he had a 396. As soon as he found it it was the aluminum 427 he changed course and kept the car original. The car was not really any better looking than a regular 69, but the story and that engine did it for me. Before the LS motors came out I used to dream of having an aluminum 427!
      I love stories like that. And there are so many of them. My Mom loves to tease my Dad about his '66 Corvette. It was a 4 speed with a 427 and had the factory side pipes on it. He wanted to sell it to buy a boat and my Mom told him he was crazy and that he'd regret it. He sold the thing in 1971 for $2600 and bought some crappy boat that he had nothing but problems with. Today that same car restored would bring over $100,000 at auction.

Whenever we bring it up my Dad has to leave the room.

Last edited by trapin; 06-26-2007 at 03:36 PM.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

my dads friends has a 63-67 not sure the exact year but its a black on black small block 4 speed car with the hardtop and convertible top. its been sitting under a little metal shed not covered up for years. my dad painted it for him and then he let it sit out side that night and it rained... he still has it and its still siting out there. we have tried to buy it from him numerous times though hes done went crazy. he also has a 57 nomad thats he sent to atlanta to have it dipped. sitting in his garage right now down to the bare metal.
      Alex McCarty
      1955 Chevrolet 210 "JOE BEN", 425hp 355 smallblock, saginaw 4 speed
      1966 Chevelle: Talldeck 427 bigblock, turbo 400, 12 bolt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com