Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need advice on power steering hose

Getting close to the end of a long build and pulled car out side under its own power for the first time today, while doing a 12 point turn to get car out of garage one of my power steering lines popped of.
      iam running a serpentine belt set up from a 4.3 Chevy on my 455 Olds I used steel braided line from power steering pump to my stock gear box. The braided hose popped off the fitting. Is there a high pressure hose available to buy to go from 4.3 Chevy power steering pump to my stock olds steering gear box?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Summit hose & ends by any chance?

There is special hose and hose ends for use in P/S systems. It is due to the pressure involved (1400 PSI+). An example:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/632600/10002/-1

Bob.

Is that just rubber hose you're using on the pressure line? You need to use the hose that A67 referenced above, or any other brand hose with a Teflon (PTFE) inner. It requires special hose ends as well.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Is that just rubber hose you're using on the pressure line? You need to use the hose that A67 referenced above, or any other brand hose with a Teflon (PTFE) inner. It requires special hose ends as well.

-Dale
      Will special hose end tread in to fittings I already have on power steering pump and gear box? I did buy hoses from summit as kit and fitting was supposed to be for power steering pump

Those teflon hoses are a pain in the butt to get right. Mark the hose with a sharpie to make sure you are not pushing the hose out of the fitting when you tighten it up.

Dan

Those hoses will definitely come apart when not assembled properly. It would have probably been cheaper to have a high pressure one made and buy the universal low pressure one.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Hey Chris how's the Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie View Post
      Hey Chris how's the Cutlass
      Definitely not as nice looking as yours!...lol Its coming along. Should have it wrapped up by the end of the month. Little odds and ends to tighten up. How are things your way?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com