Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm not familliar with your suspension but caster somewhere around 4 to 5 deg positive should be where you want to be.

I would look very closely at the idler arm, it is usually the first thing to wear out and it can make the steering unstable. This usually shows up as right front tire wear problems.

Also take a good overall look at your steering linkage, how stiff is it? Is the center link very large and strong? Balljoints can cause trouble too. I don't think yours are pressed in like later models, but a loose balljoint in it's socket can cause it.

If the new ties are shorter than old, that affects the intersection point. Shorter tires increase the scrub radius.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Hey guys,

I am trying to find the Kingpin offset(Scrub Radius) of my Toyota Supra. I know the SAI is 9 Degrees. The factory front wheel is a 17x8 +50mm Offset, with a 245/50/17 tire. I don't have a Spare upright yet, but I'll find a spare to do measurements so I can figure it out, before I purchase my next set of wheels. What else would I need to do measurements on? Thank you for any help, and I apologize in advanced for the old Thread bump.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
      Hey guys,

I am trying to find the Kingpin offset(Scrub Radius) of my Toyota Supra. I know the SAI is 9 Degrees. The factory front wheel is a 17x8 +50mm Offset, with a 245/50/17 tire. I don't have a Spare upright yet, but I'll find a spare to do measurements so I can figure it out, before I purchase my next set of wheels. What else would I need to do measurements on? Thank you for any help, and I apologize in advanced for the old Thread bump.
      Is it a McPhearon type front suspension?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Is it a McPhearon type front suspension?

Andrew
      Double wishbone, with Longer lower control arms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com