Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Her first day working on the car (from old board)

Adam asked me to move this thread for him.

------------
      We picked the 67 Mustang up yesterday and its a day later and she already started working on it.
      She wanted to tear off the vinyl top and do some sanding so I showed her how to do that and within 2 hours this is how far she got...The car was painted with a roller and latex paint.
      Day we picked it up.

Her first time working on a car.

See the runs? Those are because the car was painted with a roller using latex paint!!!!!

Look closesly you will see the circle from the paint can they used.

Pants ripped and now they are shorts.

Here is the car after 2 hours of her working on it.

Adam
      My Website 06-25-04

Ralph L
      (8/14/04 3:31 pm)
      Reply | Edit | Del
      Re: Her first day working on the car!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The first day working on your project is always the best and most interesting! Lots of luck on it. Be ready for the "we need more pics of gf" replies, lol.

Ralph
      Project Fantom Expected Completion - May 2005
      My Tahoe - "Black Mamba"
      Rendering of Project Fantom

451Road Runner
      (8/14/04 3:36 pm)
      Reply | Edit | Del 1
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Be ready for the "we need more pics of gf" replies, lol.

You beat me to it. That is cool that's she's willing to work on it. It'll really be her ride that way. Good luck with it.

Pete.

o1mrquick
      (8/14/04 5:28 pm)
      Reply | Edit | Del nice
      Hey Adam, get her some REAL work clothes already! I think I saw a real cute matching top and bottom in the latest Victoria's Secret catalog... uhhh ummm not that I was looking or yeah ummm.... page 21 btw.
      How bad is it...If im not mistaken that looks like a Shelby side scoop opening at the left rear quarter panel??? have fun and make sure you remove the crown moulding before you repaint that thing. C-yaaa Vince

TRILOGYZ28
      (8/14/04 7:31 pm)
      Reply | Edit | Del
      Re: nice
      lmao @ o1mrquick

and please get her a #8 tank top !

Edited by: TRILOGYZ28 at: 8/14/04 7:34 pm

zbugger
      (8/14/04 10:30 pm)
      Reply | Edit | Del
      Re: nice
      More gf pics? Heh.... no, no, no young one.... More like pics of the gf in ripped clothes.... or ripping them off.... But I'm not going there...
      - Allen

jonny51
      (8/14/04 11:11 pm)
      Reply | Edit | Del x
      You really need a girl my friend

awr68
      (8/15/04 1:12 am)
      Reply | Edit | Del Re: x
      NICE FORM!!! I mean project.....
      Anthony
      '68 PT Camaro

Rick Dorion
      (8/16/04 4:07 am)
      Reply | Edit | Del .
      Great project. I was going to post "what car" but that would be crass.

Ahem.

Like this:
      We picked the 67 Mustang up yesterday and its a day later and she already started working on it.
      She wanted to tear off the vinyl top and do some sanding so I showed her how to do that and within 2 hours this is how far she got...The car was painted with a roller and latex paint.
      Day we picked it up.

Her first time working on a car.

See the runs? Those are because the car was painted with a roller using latex paint!

Look closely you will see the circle from the paint can they used.

Pants ripped and now they are shorts.

Here is the car after 2 hours of her working on it.

Mmmm..... Thank you Derek... I mean, because we wanted to see what was done to the car. I swear!!!!
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Zoikies!

You sould have included a Pic of yourself, so we can all see what a lucky, lucky man looks like. Congrats all the way around.

sorry for the delayed response everyone. Thanks Ralph for moving it over here.
      We have been busy working on the Mustang,the Camaro, camping, taking time off work and just so much other stuff the last week. We appreciate all the replies and shes having a great time with the car!
      She has been working on getting the vinyl top off, cleaning the interior, and finding all the bad spots on the body of the car.
      All the replies were great and always keep us laughing.
      The body is in pretty rough shape. It will need new quarters for both sides, new floors, new vinyl on front seats, headliner and some other stuff. The good news is that the dash, rear seat, and quite a bit of other interior stuff is in good shape.
      The car is basically there so I can teach her how to restore and repair an old car. We will sell this hopefully next year and get a 67 fastback to build into an Eleanor clone.
      here are a couple more random pics.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

CROTCH SHOT! Just messin with you Adam!

Paul Z.
      Paul
      1955 Chevrolet 210 Delray 2 Door Sedan
      1965 Impala Two Door Hardtop
      1968 Pontiac Firebird

How's the ride working out on the Camaro Adam. Any words of wisdom based on your quick and dirty approach? Good luck with the Mustang. You should have it whipped into shape in no time.

If you are refering to lowering the car then it went great!! I dont have a single complaint!
      Now for the mustang. The only thing that will slow us down like always is money. We are dead broke!!!! And with winter approaching, my hours have been cut at work and I cant buy anything until we pick back up again in the spring.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Where do find all these great girl friends? Did'nt the last one have a nova? I'm jealous.

Brian
      1968 Camaro LT-1

Just wanted to post an update. Due to financial status we haven't worked on the Mustang much. The great news is we will start next week taking all the paint off the body. The other great news is we decided on a color!!! Joe Tollis' Orange Crush Pearl 69 Camaro really inspired me to paint a car Orange and it looks like the Mustang will get the orange treatment!!! Cant wait! :icon_razz

6 hours later

Here is the car about 6 hours later with some paint stripper and a little elbow grease. It was 46 degrees out so the paint stripper wasn't working as well as it normally does. Still fun to teach the girlfriend some new stuff.

oohhh!! I want to learn how to do that stuff. It's so much fun learning to do new stuff on cars!!!

Sweet. I love in-progress pics.

What type of paint stripper are you using? I have always had good results with Mar-Hyde Tail strip II. If it is to cold try and put a halogen lamp on the area you are working on from the backside. The paint or what ever is on there is usually thinner on the backside and the metal will heat faster. At least that is what I always try to do when ever it is cold and I am trying to do some type of body work on a car.

Brian

Pic

Wow Adam, I noticed that when you posted that you had another pic of the car there were 113 views! Kinda high! I think there were alot of people that wanted to see some more pics. (of the car right guys). And yes, I was one of those 113 views! Nice ride to Adam, I really do mean the car. hahahah All jokin aside, I think it is awesome that you have someone to share the hobby with, and that she likes to do it. Congrats Adam on both projects!!!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com