Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need inspiration

I need inspiration. I went to work on car tonight and looked at it and just thought how much more I have to do. Then walked inside to see whats going on at PT.com. Does anyone have good advice or pictures or something?

:3gears: Rob Jones Project "Wild Goat"

yea but do to board policy i can't postem

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by blazer4corners
      yea but do to board policy i can't postem

Ummm... remember the Private messages? Hee hee.....
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Not to sound like I'm shamelessly plugging myself or anything, but several of my customers have said that renderings offer a great deal of motivation in getting the work done. I mean, how cool would it be to see what your car will look like before it is done. Your motivation comes in wanting the picture to become a reality.

Just my 2 cents.
      Custom Car Design, Hot Rod Art, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisHorton
      Not to sound like I'm shamelessly plugging myself or anything, but several of my customers have said that renderings offer a great deal of motivation in getting the work done. I mean, how cool would it be to see what your car will look like before it is done. Your motivation comes in wanting the picture to become a reality.

Just my 2 cents.
      I want a rendering! But you havnt returned my email questions.
      Only problem i have is that the rendering cant buy me more parts.
      1965 Buick Skylark

D'oh! Resend it, it probably got caught in one of my e-mail floods and never saw the light of day....sorry.
      Custom Car Design, Hot Rod Art, and more...

I second the rendering idea. Mine definitely got me motivated, and I'm again making progress!

Thanks Kris!

Jody

my inspiration will be kris's rendering of my 71 Nova......soooooooonnnn ! :icon996:
      In process!
      1972 C10
      Roadster Shop Fast Track chassis
      LS376/525

Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrisHorton
      D'oh! Resend it, it probably got caught in one of my e-mail floods and never saw the light of day....sorry.
      Just Pm'd it to ya. Thanks Kris.
      1965 Buick Skylark

Only problem i have is that the rendering cant buy me more parts.
      That is the same problem I currently have. NO MONEY makes it really hard for motivation.
      Where are you at currently with your project?
      Is there something you can do while you wait for finances to build up?
      Can you give us a list of what you have left to do?
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Quote Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY69
      That is the same problem I currently have. NO MONEY makes it really hard for motivation.
      Where are you at currently with your project?
      Is there something you can do while you wait for finances to build up?
      Can you give us a list of what you have left to do?
      LOL..i'm at the very beginning. Car needs almost everything. I've got a garage full of parts that need to go together. I'm at a stumbling point with the engine(too much main bearing clearance) so need to figure that out. Interior is all out, body needs the rust repaired, need to build a rear axle, it goes on and on. I'm not hurting for money, I'm just short on time, i just dont have enough time to get things done.
      1965 Buick Skylark

How concerend are you with doing a E body ?? Not a Cuda A Challenger??I have tons of pics. I hope this is instretiing too you?? Let me know what you need as far as pics go?? I If you consiser my car??

Kris' rendering was definatley inspiring for me and a goal to shoot for. Achieving it is another matter

69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

LOL..i'm at the very beginning. Car needs almost everything. I've got a garage full of parts that need to go together. I'm at a stumbling point with the engine(too much main bearing clearance) so need to figure that out. Interior is all out, body needs the rust repaired, need to build a rear axle, it goes on and on. I'm not hurting for money, I'm just short on time, i just dont have enough time to get things done.
      Jeez you have all the money and the parts. Hmm what motivation do you need? QUIT POSTING ON THE BOARD AND GET YOUR BUT IN THE GARAGE!! Or bring me all your parts and I will do it for you.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

or if that doesnt inspire you mabey this will....
      Before pic then 3 weeks later all by myself including the 6 speed T-56.

Jeez you have all the money and the parts. Hmm what motivation do you need? QUIT POSTING ON THE BOARD AND GET YOUR BUT IN THE GARAGE!! Or bring me all your parts and I will do it for you.
      For me, it's not really a motivation problem. It's more of a work space and time thing. I have a grand total of 1 lightbulb in my garage. That means I have to completely wire my garage so I can work in it after dark. I've got a business to run, a 13month old to play with, and regular stuff to do too.
      Oh well, one step at a time. LOL
      1965 Buick Skylark

or if that doesnt inspire you mabey this will....
      Before pic then 3 weeks later all by myself including the 6 speed T-56.

Hey that inspired me!! You should do a write up on installing the dash so that others can do the same

Ya Ive been feeling a little burned out lately.First I finished my garage last winter and was ready to dive into the car.Started saving some money.Was ready to pull trigger and the wife asked if she could redecorate the living room?So in being fair I said yes.So in about another 4 months Ill have that payed for and then its my turn.So the sooner I can pay off things the sooner I can get to my 71.So in the mean time I keep pluging away at the overtime hoping one day??????
      Chris
      1971 RS Z28 Pro-touring thing......will it ever be done??

yep

Yeah, I think a rendering by kris would certainly motivate. Then blow it up and hang it in you garage. Kind of like foose and those other guys do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com