Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

PCV valve needed?

Help me understand why I would run a PCV valve. I would think that you would not want to disturb a properly setup carb with a vacuum leak with blow by fumes, unless you had to for smog. I could never get my system to work with a PCV valve no matter where it was mounted or how it was baffled. Always used oil with it. Have been running for 4 years now with just vented to the atmosphere valve covers. No oil usage and no oil leaks. Any thoughts?

1973 TA G Machine
      2000 BMW 540 G Sedan

EPA. If you dont need one to be legal don't run one. If you do run one on that 'day'.

Country Flag: United States
      If you are driving around town then use it. I have seen many issues arise without them. It is like a low buck vacuum setup. They do work.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Country Flag: United States
      yep, I ended up putting one on my latest motor- without it I was getting some oil out of the breathers. I will have to try a highway run without- I never thought of it from an oil usage standpoint.
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com