Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      I agree, motorheads will always be conjuring up something new, probably better, faster, more reliable. That's progress, and it is usually 7-10 years of R&D. Now with that being said, old iron is innocently raw whereas the LSx is refined muscle. I am trying to make my LSx "appear" old school- hide the coils, and a few other sleight of hand stuff. Because "old school will always be cool", especially in a 69. However there is more 06 stuff than 69 stuff in the package. It just needs to look vintage as much as possible. It is my "tribute" to the heritage of this auto, but it is far from a "chalk car". First and foremost is performance. It is being built to run.

LS motors are very affordable if you are willing to do a little digging and are willing to part a car out. I bought a 2000 t/A off of craigs list for $2800 so far I have sold:
      seats-400
      rearend-100
      t-tops and sunvisors-160
      radiator fans 40
      4l60e-461
      rear hatch 100
      tail lights 100
      radiator 50
      body- scrap yard 200
      total= 1611
      so I have $1189 in a LS1 with computer, wiring harness, complete LS1 brake system, and rack & pinion.
      with a cam +/- $400 and getting the heads ported by a local machinist $600. I should have over 450 rwhp and over 400 rwlbftt.
      $2189, there's your story for popular hotrodding, how cheap can you do a LS1 swap.
      I had a tko 500 from another project, that's why I didn't include tranny costs
      and I haven't built the fuel system yet but I plan on converting a stock tank and using a inline pump so It'll be cheap too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com