Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Sumitomo HTR Z

Sumitomo HTR Z

anbody using this tire?

I have them. Too bad I've only driven them around the block so far. But you can't beat the prices!

I am

I have about 2500 miles on mine so far. They balanced with reasonable amounts of weight. I have yet to really thrash on them, but they seem to respond well once you get a little heat in them. I also like them for the fact that there are a lot of 16" sizes available 255/50 mainly.

Shane

The price aint bad either!!!

I'm using them on the rear 315/35/17 good tire for the price not as soft as I wanted. Just ran them at Buttonwillow raceway.

Country Flag: United States
      I pulled a 1.9x 60 foot time with those tires in my Mazda with only a 205/55/16.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 73Z
      I have about 2500 miles on mine so far. They balanced with reasonable amounts of weight. I have yet to really thrash on them, but they seem to respond well once you get a little heat in them. I also like them for the fact that there are a lot of 16" sizes available 255/50 mainly.

Shane

The price aint bad either!!!
      If your looking for another cheap tire that is in 255/50 look at the kumho ecsta supra 712. So far they work really nice. I've pushed my car in stock trim pretty good and they work very well. However they are brutal in the rain.

-Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Country Flag: United States
      I also have them 245/45/17 and 315/35/17...they balanced out fine, are good looking, and priced very well. I felt better about buying them when I found out they are the parent co. for Dunlop...from what I hear, over in Japan Sumitomo actually sales more tires than Dunlop...I guess they cant be all bad!! That's all I got for now since I'm about two years from actually using mine....
      Tony

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com