Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

th350 park position

i think my shift bracket position on my th350 is in park but i'm not very sure. it's pushed forward all the way?
      1967 Chevrolet Camaro 350/350
      1962 Chevrolet Chevy II 400 194/PG

Is the gearbox shift arm aiming up or down

one way to findout is push the car, if you hear a ping and the car wont move forward, then its in

the tranny right now is out of the car but the shift arm is pointing at an upwards angle.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by TheRoaringEagle
      the tranny right now is out of the car but the shift arm is pointing at an upwards angle.
      to the front or back?
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Dont know the answer but I think this would be easier if we used clockwise and counterclockwise terms instead of forward or backward due to different shifter arms.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by matthimself456
      Dont know the answer but I think this would be easier if we used clockwise and counterclockwise terms instead of forward or backward due to different shifter arms.
      Good idea.

Park is farthest clockwise when viewed from the driver's side of the trans.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

awesome, hehe. also i was wondering if there is an alternate solution to the bellhousing bolts on my th350. i am using repro stock bolts and the factory assembly manual says to wrench it at 25-30 lbs. ft. and i noticed the bolts taper in in the middle. it just seems very weak to me (i actually already over torqued one and broke it but luckily i could still unscrew the whole bolt out)...

i saw some ARP bolt kits, and wondered how much more force i can use on them. Or what is recommended, what heavy duty cars have, or just some words of reassurance that these stock bolts will hold up and i am just paranoid.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com