Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi from France

Country Flag: France

Hi from France

Hi everybody, my name is Julien, i'm 28yo and living 30miles from Paris. I own a PONTIAC Formula 1975 since 2003. it's 350ci equiped. You can see few details of my car on PT garage or complete details at www.birdfire.com. i'm found of pro touring cars, but like many people, i d'ont have the money to build a serious and extrem car, so i just add some minor mods to have a good handling and good appearance.

one day, i hope to put some some more HP cause 175 is really insufficient to have fun

Country Flag: United States
      Bienvenue a la groupe. Ma femme parle francais puis je l'ai demandee la traduction pour "welcome."

Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      '72 442 "Inamorata"
      www/FQuick.com/ProTouring442
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

i'm glad to see that someone can understand what i could write. lol

HAHA Welcome... I took French in highschool but they just taught me enough to let you know i need to go to the bathroom and count to ten.. lol

it's good for a beginning!

Sweet, the two formulas on the site both have french background (I lived in paris from 1999-2001). Glad to have you here!

Nice Firebird, I like what you have done to the interior. Are those Cragar Soft 8 or US Wheels rims? I almost put some like those on my car. They look tough!
      I am also living in Europe at the moment, I am in the Navy, stationed in Naples, IT. It is interesting driving a "classic" American car over here, isn't it? We get a lot more looks here than we would in the states--sure makes cruising fun!
      1980 Pontiac Trans Am, Chevy Big Block 468, TKO 600 Trans, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, Eaton/Motive 3:73's, 18" Coddington Junkyard Dogs, Nitto NT555 rubber, Autometers http://www.fquick.com/Bandit
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2458763

thanks guys

Bandit, my wheels are CRAGAR black soft 8 (serie 397) 8x17 and 9x17. these wheels at SUMMIT

driving an old (and american) car is special here. everybody think we are rich, cause they're only thinking about gas price.

Welcome to the board. I spent 4 hours once at de Gaulle airport. I bought a box of Cuban cigars and had a halting conversation with a Danish girl. At least I think she was from Denmark.
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner

Cool Firebird! I really like your black wheels.

Welcome from America

Welcome to the site.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

i prefer black wheels because of the look and because i hate spending my time to wash them. i drive my PONTIAC all the year except when it snows...
      No, the real reason is it was the cheapest way to get 17" wheels (55$ per wheel ), i would love to get aluminium instead but money....
      and the weight of these steel wheels is anti-performances

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRR
      Welcome to the board. I spent 4 hours once at de Gaulle airport. I bought a box of Cuban cigars and had a halting conversation with a Danish girl. At least I think she was from Denmark.

lol !! where were you going?

Quote Originally Posted by formulafr
      lol !! where were you going?
      Manchester to Philly. I had a layover in de Gaulle.
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner

Quote Originally Posted by formulafr
      and the weight of these steel wheels is anti-performances
      At least you realize this...I didn't say anything earlier because I didn't want to diss your fine car on your first post! I myself ordered up one of the 9" Soft 8's from Summit to test-fit on my car, I thought I would go with them because of the price and the look...most of all because of the price! As soon as I hefted the box and almost had a hernia trying to lift it I said "Umm, no," and forked over the cash for a set of alloy wheels that weigh about half what they do! Soft 8's should be fine for cruisin' though I would think...and I still love the look! Can you say NASCAR?
      1980 Pontiac Trans Am, Chevy Big Block 468, TKO 600 Trans, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, Eaton/Motive 3:73's, 18" Coddington Junkyard Dogs, Nitto NT555 rubber, Autometers http://www.fquick.com/Bandit
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2458763

i like the NASCAR look, but i like NASCAR perfomances too.

maybe, one day, if i win at the lotterie....

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Bonjour Julien, welcome to the site! Good to see more Europeans on here.

I've been to Paris several times and I'll tell you I wouldn't want to drive my car in the city center....
      There I've seen what bumpers are for....they use them to create enough space to park by pushing other cars aside!!

Anyways, nice car!

Martin.
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

yeah, you're right Martin , i hate to drive in Paris. it's too hot and driver are mad sometimes.

Hey I'll be in Paris the 14th of January, more then likely staying out by the airport Charles de Gaulle. Let me know if you wanna hook up and have a beer.

Nice car Julien. Must be cool to drive an american muscle car in France. I bet they cost more over there than here.

I'm a native french speaker as well so if you need help with any translations or a word you dont know just shoot me a PM.

My brother in law owns a 1981 Camaro z28 and speak french too btw.

Jean-Francois.
      1970 chevelle - awaiting heart transplant

Quote Originally Posted by jayb53guy
      Hey I'll be in Paris the 14th of January, more then likely staying out by the airport Charles de Gaulle. Let me know if you wanna hook up and have a beer.
      you're the second guy on this forum who tell me he's going to Paris in January. your invitation is cool, why not...

Quote Originally Posted by jfman
      Nice car Julien. Must be cool to drive an american muscle car in France. I bet they cost more over there than here.
      I'm a native french speaker as well so if you need help with any translations or a word you dont know just shoot me a PM.
      My brother in law owns a 1981 Camaro z28 and speak french too btw.
      Jean-Francois.
      yes, you're right. peolple start to be mad with the price of these cars. and when you add parts price (shipping and taxes)
      almost twice the price you pay
      and when you buy at a french shop, it can be over by 4. that's why people who know use internet and buy at summit or else. thanks for your proposal, but i think i don't need help for this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com