Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Xx-007-xX Guest

Temporary Paint booth ideas

Hey folks I'm trying to decide if I should paint my own car by myself(it looks like fun, and challenging) and I am leaning towards doing it myself.

I sure would love to see some good ideas on how to construct a temporary paint booth inside an existing garage (stand alone designs are welcome too, heck,I have 14 acres on which to build one on) Please include designs of filtration and fan set ups, or evacuation of vapor set ups...........thanks 007

I do have some decent fans and I have a 20' x 30' garage/workshop(I can make the booth ten feet tall if need be) totally dedicated just for my Camaro. I have the freedom to configure it any way that I need.

I also have plenty of thick construction grade plastic sheeting, and I think I am going to make the frame out of PVC pipe(it does'nt tear the plastic and it is easy to dissassemble and use another day.

I also have some sunscreening, should I just make the ceiling of the booth out of that and the rest of the enclosure out of plastic sheeting, thus making my ceiling the air intake? or should the intake be placed on the opposite end from the exhaust? I would love to filter it also(gotta keep the environment in mind, why give folks more reasons to ban our classics?) so some good filtering ideas would be appreciated.

I have the time to do it the right way the first time.

also whats the best thing to use for drying my compressed air for the gun (keep in mind low cost)

Thanks ...............007
      PS- pictures would be greatly appreciated, keep in mind I live near Athens Georgia and we have all the season around here

Here is a pic of my garage

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com