Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Illinois Emmissions

This is very promissing!!
      http://www.epa.state.il.us/environme...gislation.html

Senate Bill 397-Public Act 94-526: This law makes changes in the state's Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program, Starting February 1, 2007, it will eliminate the dynamometer ("treadmill") based testing entirely, that is now in effect for vehicles older than 1996, and require emissions testing within the same current geographical areas for model years 1996 and newer vehicles only, using On Board Diagnostics (readouts from the car's computer). It also allows IEPA to contract with one or more vendors supplying testing services for a period of an additional five years beyond the previous 2007 cutoff.

Country Flag: United States
      Emissions whats that..??..lol..when you live in the boonies like i do no such thing..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Quote Originally Posted by Rubes
      This is very promissing!!
      http://www.epa.state.il.us/environme...gislation.html

Senate Bill 397-Public Act 94-526: This law makes changes in the state's Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program, Starting February 1, 2007, it will eliminate the dynamometer ("treadmill") based testing entirely, that is now in effect for vehicles older than 1996, and require emissions testing within the same current geographical areas for model years 1996 and newer vehicles only, using On Board Diagnostics (readouts from the car's computer). It also allows IEPA to contract with one or more vendors supplying testing services for a period of an additional five years beyond the previous 2007 cutoff.
      Awesome! That means when I move back to Illinois I do not have to worry about my GTO or my RX7. Makes perfect sense. Most vehicles older than 10 years old are reduced back to the elements in Illinois.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Don't forget we also can register a 25 year old car with antique plates which are inspection exempt. That's 1982 and older as of Jan 07.
      And we also have the show car exemption, as well as the race car exemption. Losta loopholes for us enthusiasts here in IL.
      Jeff Schwartz 815-770-0751
      SchwartzPerformance
      Where classic style meets modern performance.
      455 Commanche Circle
      Harvard IL 60033
      SchwartzPerformance.com | Facebook | Twitter

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com