Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: This site

Country Flag: United States

This site

I just wanted to share this with you all.

I have had my car for about 7 years now. When i got it...I got rims and bolt ons but i had no vision for my car. Then about a year and a half ago I found this site. I have heard of the whole pro-touring thing before...but it never really appealed to me. Then after crusing this site for about a month...I was hooked!! Just reading your posts and seeing your cars made me want to do this bad....so I did/I am. I have never been so excited about my car in my life!! I don't know what it is...but being a member of this site...seeing the sponsors...seeing the cars...seeing the products, buying the same parts the really nice cars have...I feel like im part of an elite club or something. When I found SC&C on here...and descovered that they do a lot of G-body stuff...I didnt think twice. I had my car up there within two months. At this point in my life...I have some spending cash...and he got it all!! I have finally had some work done to my car that I have wanted to do for a long time...and some custom/one off work as well!!! I feel that my car can hang on this site and can maybe be an inspiration for others in my area. I get asked about it all the time...from the 315's out back to my nascar style boom tubes...they ask...then they see the pro-touring.com sticker on the back window. I couldnt be happier with my car.

So...the point of this thread is this. I just wanted to say Thank you to all the members out there who have pm'd me...replied to my threads/posts...givin me advice...and just been cool. I have finally found a group of guys who understand my passion and some have the same car i have!! Every time i get on this site...I just get giddy. This site is for the big time cars and the little...low budget cars. (like me).

Thanks again.

post some before and after pics. I like g-bodies. I had a 86 Monte SS a few years ago.

Well said. It makes me feel like the big car guys enjoy talking and seeing what the little car guys build also. That there is no longer an imaginary line the little car guy can't cross due to a lack of a fat wallet and a high dollar car.

Cool post. It's always good to see how this club benefits individuals. Yeah post some pics.

Iagree with SicMontethis site is a wealth of info and it is always nice to put a face with the name attending the events that have been put together

this site has REALLY inspired me also. great group of people on here!another thing I might add is how this site has GROWN!!! I remember the old board and it seems there are like 100x the people on here now! its growing and I think its great!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

Nicely said SicMonte, and I agree entirely, 100%.

I enjoy feeling like part of such a good group of guys, and the friendliness of the guys with the nicer cars is awesome. I keep dreaming of the day that I can post pics of a finished car!!

Agreed on all counts. Sic you mirrored my feelings for this site exactly!

To the members of Pro-Touring.com(and a Tequila shot for Larry!)
      '66 Chevy II - The "NEW" '69 Camaro!

***Under Construction***

Build Update Link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17108

It keeps getting better because we keep getting good people like Sicmonte and many others.

It's not just a club it's a way of life!

Jim Nilsen

It's been a great site. I have belonged to many different site through the past several years, for a few different reasons. Vintage home audio, Mazda Miatas, Triump & Brit motorcycles, Oldsmobiles, etc. and there always seems to ba a hlaf a dozen people or so with attitudes that just ruin it. There have been a few bad apples here with attitudes, but they seem to get shut down, or leave on their own before it gets out of hand. I like that!

Mr. Monte, I think you hit the nail on the head, the guys with the mega-bucks builds fit right in with those of us who just do it all ourselves because we can't afford not to. Works out great when egos and prejudices about high-dollar verses low-dollar or race oriented verses street oriented don't get in the way.

Shiny Side Up!
      Bill
      '72 442 "Inamorata"
      www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Doug, I totally agree! I really enjoy coming to this site, and have never felt left out, or out of place. I enjoy getting out on the road and cruising past the snooty guys in the expensive new cars in my old muscle car. The look on the driver's face as you blow past one of those cars is priceless! Even some of the teachers I work with look at my car and ask, "Why do you drive that? Why do you have that?" I just fire it up so the sound of my exhaust drowns out their questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTouring442
      Works out great when egos and prejudices about high-dollar verses low-dollar or race oriented verses street oriented don't get in the way.
      Amen Bill! The members I have met from this site have been all been awesome, whether their cars are completed or still in pieces, and mega-buck or low-buck buildups.
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

Yes... this board has inspired me to spend more money than I will ever have

I was the same way. Until I saw this site my car was just a heaping pile of cow dung in the corner of the garage. I spent a couple months on here perusing through the cars and reading through the threads and before I knew it I was pushing that hulk of scrap metal out of the garage and into the daylight for the first time in 7 years. My wife and about half the neighborhood were in total shock. Since then I've been going full steam on it. I owe it all to this place.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Buddy P!

'66 Chevy II - The "NEW" '69 Camaro!

***Under Construction***

Build Update Link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17108

I agree. This site has taken me into a completely diffirent direction. I was purely a str8 line guy with my old Mustang before. After seeing some of the cars on here, it made me rethink my entire build. I'm still replacing some stuff but all in all, this site has made my car better. Thanks to everyone that keeps it together!

I used to read 20 car mags in the old days just to see one "cafe racer", as they were called back then. I felt like richard dreyfuss in close encounters,drawing things that no one related to. Then I saw steevos car on the cover of phr , then stielows car, and then this site.

My car would not exist if i had never stumbled on this site. I was able to ask dumb questions and tap all the knowledge available here. Special thanks to steevo,buddha,pozzis,carlc,gsxrken,zzsport,damntru e,lvrpool and young gun.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com