Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ls1 T-56 swap...

I am starting to get everything togther. I am going with tito's kit at ATS. I wanted to go the cheap route with re-using my z-bar mechnical cluctch but my muncie bellhousing now has a gapping wound in it and i think that plan is no longer possible(plus if a starter gear can make it through the floor pan i can only imagine a exploding clutch! I think i like the use of my legs)

Basically i need part numbers for things i need to complete the swap. Should i use Mcleod or Lakewood bellhousing? Any part numbers? Which clutch should i use?

Your time is always apreciated!,

David
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

i called lakewood today because i too want to put a t-56 in my car. they tell me they dont make a bellhousing that will accept a t56. which i find to be completly ridiculous considering all the f-bodies running around. best i can tell, mcleod makes one but its not blow proof like a lakewood would be if they made the damn thing. personally i want to know what all these guys are using that are swapping 6 speeds into their vehicles. my biggest gripe is i dont want to use mechanical linkages because i have header issues as it is. so a hydraulic setup is the way to go for me. anyone else have any ideas???

Hmmmmmm thats odd. One will take my legs out if the clutch blows and the other doesnt fit! Seriously what are they thinking? Why would i buy a Mcleod if its just as incapable of containing a clutch as the aluminum stock bellhousing.
      What Material is Mcleod making there bellhousings out of?
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

actually im assuming the mcleod is not blowproof like a lakewood. and only because there isnt any information provided thats says they are. so i dunno, maybe they are.

previous statement retracted. the bellhousings are sfi 6-1 approved and i believe that includes explosion proof so you wouldnt need an additional flywheel shield.

Ttt

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com