Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

G-body Spohn rear sway bar on SCandC.com

anyone try the Spohn rear swaybar like on the SCandC site ? looks similar to the H&R rear bar, looks nice and I like that its not attached to the lower arms, I'd like to know how well it would work out on a vehicle setup for handling.

Country Flag: United States
      That bar is a great setup...*for drag racing*. The rate is WAY too high for a car intended to go around corners. However, we have a ProTouring version in the works with a rate intended to compliment a 1 5/16" solid or 36mm hollow front bar. It should be a big help to folks running stiff Moog 5662 front springs in their G body too. Stay tuned. ;) Mark SC&C

I thought maybe this would work, I know you told me about the swaybar you have in the works earlier this year any idea on when it might be available ? also any ideas on when the PHB 3 link setup will be done ?

This 3-link

Quote Originally Posted by Gbodyolds
      I thought maybe this would work, I know you told me about the swaybar you have in the works earlier this year any idea on when it might be available ? also any ideas on when the PHB 3 link setup will be done ?
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL

oh that three link I remember now!!

I for get the name of the company by they sold a GNX complete rear kit but it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but it looked real nice I did a google search on 3 link rear suspensions..

Hey Marcus, when do you think this road racing sway bar will be available? Does it mount like factory, or like the one pictured above? I have the 36mm front bar & 750 lb TRW S-10 springs. I assume these are similar to the Moog one.

Thanks
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Hi Scot,sorry for the pokey reply. It`ll be the same configuration as the one shown above. It`s the configuration GM should have used in the first place IMO. The stock G and A rear bars have a decent rate until you bolt them to the long lower arms,then the rate drops like a stone and they become relatively ineffective for their dia. I don`t have a time frame on it but it`s not a drawing board thing,the dies are being worked on now. Mark SC&C

Not a problem on the timing. I had forgot all about it. But now I am thinking I want one when they come out. Any idea on a price?
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Ill be getting one when they come available, considering the quality of everything else I have gotten form Marcus I wouldn't mind being one of the first to try this one out

god i love SC&C..they keep coming out with awesome stuff!!!!! when i get my $$ saved up...watch out mark...im gonna come running!!!!

plus...i might be up there on sunday to get my other parts..you gonna be around??

Hey scot got any pics of the Vette rear disc swap? do you have a functional emergency brake ? what cables did you use ? how much work was the swap overall ? did it require shock relocation

Gbodyolds,
      I have the Baer brackets & shock relocation brackets. So yes it required relocating the shocks. But, I think if someone was making their own caliper brackets, you could mount them on the front side of the axle & not need to relocate the shocks. I don't have the emergency brakes hooked up yet. I need to get my @$$ in gear again & work on having some caliper mounting brackets made. You want to use F body calipers & Vette rotors. I was told to use 94-96 Impala SS E brake cables. I have them, but haven't hooked them up yet.

Scot
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Hey check this out, Im still going to wait for Marcus's stuff to come out though.This bar can be used on the street too..
      http://www.spottsperformance.com/suspension

Quote Originally Posted by nowukno
      Hey check this out, Im still going to wait for Marcus's stuff to come out though.This bar can be used on the street too..
      thats the H&R swaybar the pics are right from their site and the information is word for word from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by nowukno
      -----------------------
      Some of the display pictures are identical in every detail to the pictures originally used by HRPartsnStuff in their hard copy catalogue, and the bar kit looks identical. You would think that people would either give credit where credit is due, or have some originality when copying items. Maybe they buy direct from HR, repackage, or change some small item in the HR kit & resell under their own name. For shame. What is it they say:"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ??? That bar hangs down way too far from the pumpkin for my taste. Too close to the ground, even on a stoch height car. I hope that Spohn did some reengineering work on that aspect of the kit. that is the main reason that I did not purchase a HR Parts & Stuff kit when they first came out.

$500 for a sway bar kit is kindof crazy in my opinion.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt
      $500 for a sway bar kit is kindof crazy in my opinion.
      LOL its not kinda crazy its hella crazy!!!!!!

I have always wondered about the rear sway bar.

DID I HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT A 3-LINK. I would buy that in a second.
      Jeff
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com