Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Marcus you the man!!

Marcus,
      How well will this swaybar work with the 3link setup when it comes available? will it be compatible with the 3 link at all ?

Country Flag: United States
      The prototype is on our 3 link car now. They were designed together. All you have to do to get on the pre order list (no deposit or pre pay) is give us a call. Mark SC&C

Marcus:
      Anything new and / or exciting on this subject. I would definitely like to see pictures of the assembly mounted on a G body Buick prior to making a decision about ordering. My primary concern is how well the set-up works and how low it hangs to the ground.

I spoke with Marcus last month about it and got on the pre-order list. I was told that he has figured out a way to modify the design so it is more adjustible and the new revision will be superior to the original. He said it shouldnt be too much longer than originally anticipated but will be well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbodyolds
      I spoke with Marcus last month about it and got on the pre-order list. I was told that he has figured out a way to modify the design so it is more adjustible and the new revision will be superior to the original. He said it shouldnt be too much longer than originally anticipated but will be well worth the wait.
      ---------------------------
      Thanks, Gbodyolds, appreciate the info, I am primarily concerned with the lack of clearance on not Marcus's design, but everybody else's. I have neard nothing but raves about the handling characteristics, even on HRPartsNStuff's set-up. I personally do not care for the way that it hangs down away from the rear end though. It is obvious that both of the set-ups mentioned above are the same design, and maybe even the Spohn drag race set-up appears to be a copy of the same design.

Yeah we did a redesign on them. Our prototype was fully adj. and it was really handy for tuning the car. I wanted to carry that over to the production bars but we ran into a few snags at first involving the configuration we wanted and the forging/shaping process. We should have that licked now though. The production pieces should be 3 way adj. Hang in there guys it`s comin. Mark SC&C

Hay Marcus, how it going with the rear sway bar?
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

go back and read posts from the 5th on.

Something new?

Hallo anybody heard something new about the timeframe ? I can`t wait to see it , I`m so excited....

Hay Mark,

What is going on with rear sway bar and the 3-link? I'm excited to!
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

We`re still waiting on the darn forging dies. They`re a couple weeks behind but they`re coming (cue Tom Petty "Waiting is The Hardest Part"). Mark SC&C

Anything new on a timeline for this?

We were told 4 more weeks...3 weeks ago. I`m not holding my breath but we should be getting real close! Once we have the bars we still have to check fit and function for the last time and have them powder coated but that shouldn`t take more than a couple weeks. At least the ball will finally be in our court! To be continued.... Mark SC&C

Anything new on the 3 link?
      BRIAN WEST

Hay Marcus,

Any word on the 3 link rear?
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

The 3 link/phb project hasn`t been forgotten but it is on the back burner. Due to the difficulty of making a well engineered 3 link fit into a G body without a lot of welding and fabrication we`re taking a look at some different approaches and stages to the G bodys rear suspension issues. The Fox body Mustang guys (who share a similar converging 4 link rear suspension) have been making some impressive gains with a frame mounted watts linkage designed specifically to coexist with the 4 link. We have a bolt on package in the works for G bodys. We hope to get testing in this spring and have it ready by summer but you know how that goes! A big part of the testing fill be compatibility with the ProTouring rear bar and Alston Varishock rear coilover conversion. Ideally we`ll get all three to work and play well together so that they can be added in stages. With the watts linkage in place half of the 3 link conversion would be done already. Oops,did I say that out loud? Mark SC&C

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus SC&C
      Oops,did I say that out loud? Mark SC&C
      No, You Typed It Silly.

Jeff

PS, love my control arms
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL

anything new about the new A-body swaybar ......?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com