Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by nowukno
      Hey check this out, Im still going to wait for Marcus's stuff to come out though.This bar can be used on the street too..
      http://www.spottsperformance.com/suspension
      -----------------------
      Some of the display pictures are identical in every detail to the pictures originally used by HRPartsnStuff in their hard copy catalogue, and the bar kit looks identical. You would think that people would either give credit where credit is due, or have some originality when copying items. Maybe they buy direct from HR, repackage, or change some small item in the HR kit & resell under their own name. For shame. What is it they say:"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ??? That bar hangs down way too far from the pumpkin for my taste. Too close to the ground, even on a stoch height car. I hope that Spohn did some reengineering work on that aspect of the kit. that is the main reason that I did not purchase a HR Parts & Stuff kit when they first came out.

Country Flag: United States
      The Spohn bar has a little less "dip" in the middle than the others pictured. I`ll be doing the testing on the production prototype myself. If I have my way it`ll hang down less than the 1" bar that`s on the car now. Mark SC&C

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus SC&C
      The Spohn bar has a little less "dip" in the middle than the others pictured. I`ll be doing the testing on the production prototype myself. If I have my way it`ll hang down less than the 1" bar that`s on the car now. Mark SC&C
      Hey Marcus welcome back,Ill be giving you a call tommorow!!!!

Thanks. Ya should have come out for the SEMA show,it was great! There`s always next year. Mark SC&C

Quote Originally Posted by Gbodyolds
      anyone try the Spohn rear swaybar like on the SCandC site ? looks similar to the H&R rear bar, looks nice and I like that its not attached to the lower arms, I'd like to know how well it would work out on a vehicle setup for handling.

I know there were lots of other replies to this, but here's my $.02.

That's not an anti-sway bar. It's an anti-roll bar. It's a drag race only unit. The car would handle like crud with that in it.

Tommy

Tommy Souren

"The older I get, the faster I was."

Grandma's 20k mile '80 Malibu Classic, in-progress factory style LS6 454, Legend LGT 700 5 speed, 9" 3.70 posi, Global West suspension, 12"/11" discs.

Yep,basically said that in the 2nd post of this thread. That`s why I designed the soon to be released ProTouring version. Mark SC&C

Yep,basically said that in the 2nd post of this thread. That`s why I designed the soon to be released ProTouring version. Mark SC&C
      Hey Marcus whats your opinion on the Herb Adams VSE front sway bar with the tierod style end links? Any for G-BODS.....??

Quote Originally Posted by nowukno
      Hey Marcus whats your opinion on the Herb Adams VSE front sway bar with the tierod style end links? Any for G-BODS.....??
      I was thinking about tie rod or the adjustible heim joint style end links but what are the advantages to these over stock style ?

I have shortened a few sets of end links to make the swaybar sit right on lowered cars but other than making it easier to get the bar to sit right whats the advantage?

Is Herb still selling products through VSE? I was under the impression he was working as an engineer for AA&M and that VSE was only doing Cobra kit cars. If not it`s a good thing for 2nd Gen F body owners as VSE had(s) some great parts for them. At any rate the end links aren`t a bad idea. Probably every modern car uses them in one variation or another. They should eliminate some binding and make the bars react in a quicker more linear manner (at least in theory). I don`t know of anyone making them specifically for G bodys though. Mark SC&C

Is Herb still selling products through VSE? I was under the impression he was working as an engineer for AA&M and that VSE was only doing Cobra kit cars. If not it`s a good thing for 2nd Gen F body owners as VSE had(s) some great parts for them. At any rate the end links aren`t a bad idea. Probably every modern car uses them in one variation or another. They should eliminate some binding and make the bars react in a quicker more linear manner (at least in theory). I don`t know of anyone making them specifically for G bodys though. Mark SC&C
      I talked to Matt Adams Yesterday (Herbs son) they do have the front bars for the G body I have him sending me a catalog.Matt is running VSE they are in carmel Ca. here is there # 831-659-7660 almost as nice as Marcus to talk to on the phone.. The front tie rod style sway bar is $320 plus Tax in Ca, sucks,and everything marcus said about the front bar is true,the tie rod style end links make the bar react faster and they eliminate the endlink bushings.The size for G's is 1 5/16 and is sold as a kit..

Country Flag: Norway
      I have this kit collecting dust in the attic, it was removed from a '79 Malibu wagon. The swaybars are fully adjustable, and have the adjustable heim joint /uniballs on them. Does anyone of you know who made these? There are no names anywhere, just some numbers on the small stickers...

Too bad I live a quarter turn around the world from you guys, it would be easy to sell otherwise. I'm saving them for a possible future project.

(Mark SC&C: I need another pair of extended LBJs from you, the "big" '71-'76 Impala style/moog K6141. I ordered two from you for a '75 Nova Feb'06)
      Thanks, Christian (@v8power.net)
      '77 Caprice
      '71 Chevelle Nomad - Perfect for roadtrips!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy350
      I have this kit collecting dust in the attic, it was removed from a '79 Malibu wagon. The swaybars are fully adjustable, and have the adjustable heim joint /uniballs on them. Does anyone of you know who made these? There are no names anywhere, just some numbers on the small stickers...

Too bad I live a quarter turn around the world from you guys, it would be easy to sell otherwise. I'm saving them for a possible future project.

(Mark SC&C: I need another pair of extended LBJs from you, the "big" '71-'76 Impala style/moog K6141. I ordered two from you for a '75 Nova Feb'06)
      How much? DIBS
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL

I'm sorry, they're not for sale - besides, shipping heavy and bulky things like that across the Atlantic probably drives up the price too much anyway.

I was just hoping someone could ID them for me, as I have no clue what they are...
      '77 Caprice

nice looking bar

Those red bars look like an old rancho set up for g-bodies. I installed their complete kit including springs and shocks in a 79 monte about 20 years ago. Rancho actually made an attempt at car stuff way back then...

442stu

Hmmm! Actually, the car also had red powdercoated front lowering springs, probably from the same place... No rears though, maybe because it was a wagon?
      '77 Caprice

Hey Marcus,how is my rear swaybar coming along??

AFAIK we`re still on schedule. We`re just waiting on the forging dies to be completed,everything else is ready. Hopefully next month. Mark SC&C

AFAIK we`re still on schedule. We`re just waiting on the forging dies to be completed,everything else is ready. Hopefully next month. Mark SC&C
      I would like to offer up my regal as a test bed for the prototype model. I will give you my company (Livernois Motorsports) Address and everything.

JEff
      JEFF SHORTT
      -IDEAL STEEL

now how do I get my name on the list to buy one of these bad boys before their sold out?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com