Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Leaving the pro touring scence, for awhile at least.

Well, priorities change in life don't they?

We are expecting our first child to be born any day, Sept 25 is the due date. I figured I would just place the bird on the back burner, thinking I'll get to it in a couple years. Deep in my mind I knew it would be more like 10 years.

I also have the iroc which is near completion, and kept thinking I'd make it a drag car, and have the bird for cruizing. Drag racing has always been #1 for me. Of course right now I can't afford to do either.

Then a buddy comes along that has been wanting the bird since I got it, and offers a trade. Well, the trade is certinaly in my favor money value wise, so I am going for it.

Oh, and my daily driver 86 pickup crapped to motor, it locked up, so that was modivation as well.

I am getting an engine from is bracket dragster. It will go into the camaro, and the camaros 350 will go into my truck.

The engine is, a 427 .060" over, to 440. Heavily ported heads, full roller drivetrain, cam has just under .800"lift! Aluminum rods, 14:1 compression! Dynoed at 800hp and will take a 300 hp hot like its nothing! The motor has less than 1 season on it, and pushed the dragster to 4.70's in the 1/8th!

No, of course this is more motor than I ever anticipated building, but I can't pass it up.

It should put the iroc 6.00 or so in the eigth, and make it competitive in the outlaw street class at my track.

Now, the bird was rough it needs quarters, front floors and front end sheetmetel. I paid 1500 for it 2 years ago, so I think I am getting a good deal! I now the motor and know its all good. I just have to add and intake carb and headers and, then a glide, 9" rear, and a cage, and its race time!

AS much as I hate to get rid of the bird, I think this is a good move, as I will get my dd truck back on the road and get a great start at having a fast drag car.

Now, a few years from now, I am sure I will build another pt car, maybe for my daughter!

I'll still check in with you guys!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com