Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New Member in Metro Detroit

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Keith, I've been into musclecars all my life (my dad raised me on car shows and working on his '65 GTO) but have never owned one. Eventually I want to build a '69 Chevelle with good handling, brakes, LSx power and a T56 manual transmission. My current daily driver is a '99 Corvette Z51, which satisfies my desire for speed & handling. It has Z06 wheels. Z06 size tires, Z06 airbox, and Hurst shifter with '98-'02 Camaro SS Hurst shifter knob. I LOVE the car but just it is not as cool as a classic car that handles & stops like a modern car. In college I bought a '71 Volkswagen Super Beetle and over the last few years I have turned it into a Cal-Look car that turns and stops better than any classic VW. I installed Topline front lowering struts (set at 2.5" drop), strut tower brace & swaybar, Sway-A-Way rear sway bar, KYB rear shocks, 4-wheel disc brakes. I learned a lot from that project and enjoy driving it in the summer. I hope to learn a lot from fellow members on this board so I can plan my pro-touring project and build it once I have the space and money!

Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by Kaline; 09-21-2006 at 04:34 AM. Reason: More infomation

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Keith.

Welcome to the site.
      Any relation to AL?
      I'm from the northern suburbs.

I'd post pic of my torn apart Camaro, but I can't seem to resize it so the pixles meet the requirement. What program is everyone using to post pics? PM me, so that I can't be blamed for wiggling in on someone's post.

Welcome Keith,nice rides!

If you haven't already, check out these vw sites.Good for general stuff to handling tech:
      germanlook.com
      superbeetlesonly.com
      shoptalkforums.com
      thesamba.com

Joe

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com